Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    certainly can relate to these. had a minolta 6000 that the customer rang and advised that was stapling all by itself and they hadnt asked for it. you guessed it they were recyclying pre stapled paper. luckily nothing was damaged by the staples going through at the time. Also had an emergency call from a customer. couldnt print, it was their only printer, the office at a standstill rah rah rah, big panic. went to the site and turned the power point on. It makes you wonder how these people work out how to get out of bed in the morning sometimes

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    My last day working for a dealer I made copies of a paperclip and put those sheets in random drawers and sizes.
    The owner had a demo that afternoon and flipped out because he thought a paper clip was stuck in the machine.
    The service manager took 30 minutes to "repair" it and called me later to give me hell.
    What did I care, it was my last day.
    Talk about burning bridges! But hey, it's fun

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Fun little calls...ever have any like this?

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    My last day working for a dealer I made copies of a paperclip and put those sheets in random drawers and sizes.
    The owner had a demo that afternoon and flipped out because he thought a paper clip was stuck in the machine.
    The service manager took 30 minutes to "repair" it and called me later to give me hell.
    What did I care, it was my last day.

Hmmm, got two techs leaving at the end of next week, might just go and lock the showroom door!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Then today I go out to a customer and their problem was they had two empty toner cartridges which they swore one was new in the box.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    My difficult call of the day was on a week old new bizhub that they could not receive faxes on. A quick check led me to beleive they were giving out the wrong fax number. I was correct. It gave me the time to give them a good demo. This was followed by an emergency "waste toner full" at a print shop. They had not noticed the spare I left last week. It got me out of the shop and then I went home early.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I am always amazed at how the document feeder becomes the duplexer. Then the bypass becomes the feeder.

Cdr. William Riker

I get "top feed tray jams" I am thinking paper tray, they are talking doc feed.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I also learned today that if you say I will do this one call then go to lunch..three hours later you will be kicking yourself.
    Last edited by Jimbo1; 10-13-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Cdr. William Riker

The fix for my calls today
    1-Ladies you can not run regular paper through when the fuser is set for envelopes.
    2-Mary, this folded piece of paper in the tray is causing your false jams.
    3-Sargent, the doc feed jams because someone popped this gate out and put it in backwards.
    4-The message to change the drum has been on the screen for 50,000 prints, when were you going to call it in.
    5-No, light copies does not mean you are out of toner. The other clue is that the toner bottle is still half full.

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The fix for my calls today
    1-Ladies you can not run regular paper through when the fuser is set for envelopes.
    2-Mary, this folded piece of paper in the tray is causing your false jams.
    3-Sargent, the doc feed jams because someone popped this gate out and put it in backwards.
    4-The message to change the drum has been on the screen for 50,000 prints, when were you going to call it in.
    5-No, light copies does not mean you are out of toner. The other clue is that the toner bottle is still half full.
    What.... you only did 5 calls today? wait.gif