Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar

And now for something completely different.... Civilization V ...anyone playing it?

I bought it the first day it was released and been lovin it since...

much better graphically than version 4, and much harder to wage war, even to take a measely city with only one defender in it....

JUST...ONE...MORE...TURN!

Go Granny Edna N!
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 09-28-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Ja! Great Trailer.

Hi, ok accepts the suggestion, did not know this game .. but ... reminds me old Game as "Empire Earth" , "Age of Empire", and could give a long list of my favorites but hey is not the case. Well long time since I do not give the console or PC games.

I mention other expected and.. already known.

"Brink": .... Best Game!!!!

Moore info: Brink Game Official Site | Splash Damage | Bethesda Softworks

Other already known.. old Game... "Quake III Arena".

Last edited by jma676; 09-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Civilization is nothing like AOE or EE, those games suck...simply because you play for a little bit in a scenario and when you reach the objective of the scenario, you start again with new objectives. I cannot stand that...would be better if the gameplay was continuous, but it is not. That and the fact that these games are RTS mostly, which is not TBS like Civ.

Civ takes you from 4000 BC and you play, turn based, right up to the end of the game in a continuous series of turns, which could be ended a multitude of ways, world domination, sending a colony off into space, diplomatically...and unlike those really LIMITED games EE or AOE, you can have multiple cities, either by settling them with a settler unit, or capture from an enemy civilization. The enemy civilizations can be friendly or confrontational, trade with them or beat them with sticks right up to modern armour and then some. The game is the ultimate in strategy based genre, and has been leading that market for well over 20 years now.

As for the FPS games....I do enjoy some...not all...not a fan of Quake arena, though I have played it some. I prefer single player games like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (series), Medal of Honor (series), Call of Duty (series)....
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.