Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: female techs?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    female techs?

In my 20 yrs in the field, I have had the good fortune to work with and train about a dozen female techs. The majority of them were very pretty, and very skilled.
    Totoro

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    A bunch of years back, we had on in my office, but she was let go because she refused to take any courses, along with the fact that she felt she had something to prove to "the guys" by refusing to interact with us when we were brainstorming repair issues. Offer her advice, I mean really useful advice that anyone can use, to help her out and you'd get attitude from her. She was a competent tech as I recall, but not a team player. Of course, we lost a great number of male techs who also had a similar attitude. We are set to lose a few more when the hiring freeze lifts. One guy in particular does not think it is part of his job to help a customer out by ordering toner for them when visiting the customer to fix another issue. Its not like he has to deliver it...just phone dispatch, give the site number and what toner they need. How hard is that? I can do that while filling out my paper work.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    We have 3 at my shop. One who is certified on all the big machines and color boxes, one does cash registers and small printers, and my Manager worked as shop tech for about 15 years. All are good at what they do.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

bpretty21
    I work with a guy tech he has 20 years under his belt, i love working in this field. it dont matter man or woman i will listen and learn all i can....i was just wondering if we had any ladies on here.....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    female techs?

I'm here Blackcat. bpretty21, nice to meet you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

I'm a female tech and beleive it or not in my last training class there were TWO others!! I service Konica Minolta, at the moment and in the past I have serviced Canon and Panasonic. How bout you?

bpretty21
    starting my training on konica minolta....im so excited!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    female techs?

Well, here I'm yet to see a female tech - I'm pleasantly surprised to know that it's common in other parts of the world. Although I know of a couple of female operators that know their equipments so well that I believe they would be good techs if they decided to try it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Out of approximately 900 engineers, I think we have two female. Wonder why?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    female techs?

A question for the ladies and the gents working with them - this will be a silly question, but please I'm just curious:

Are female techs usually very feminine (you know, pink mobile phone and stuff) or are they kind of butch? Or something in between?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!