Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: female techs?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I have met in classes about 3 females and worked with three others. When it comes to the job, they aren't any different than a bunch of male techs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    I'm not into pink, but I like interior decorating and I love to cook. Does that count?

I do have a reason for the pink phone.. When I put it down I can easily find it and no way in hell are any of the guys that I work with gonna steal it let alone use it.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikon Princess View Post
    I'm not into pink, but I like interior decorating and I love to cook. Does that count?

I do have a reason for the pink phone.. When I put it down I can easily find it and no way in hell are any of the guys that I work with gonna steal it let alone use it.
    Now, THAT'S the logic of a decent tech!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    thankyou
    See women can be logical too.

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    And sometimes bring a different perspective that can help solve a problem!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    as a vet, when I served in the CF, women were just coming into the combat arms roles. Let me tell ya, the "butterfly" types need not ever apply, yet many did, and many found out the hard way in battle school that they were not cut out for this kind of job. Some left the CF, while others remustered into other jobs which were less demanding. Combat Infantry, or for that matter, Armoured and Artillery, simply were not suited for everyone, and that includes guys. The mental aspects of the job were one thing, but just because the mind was willing, did not mean you were physically able to do the job and keep up. An instructor buddy of mine at CFB Wainwright Battle School told me that he had in one year, roughly 1000 women enter the program and only graduated about 100. The rest either quit or were failed at some point or other.

Of course, being a copier tech is nothing compared to being a warrior. That I can attest to. I see no reason for more women to come into this field, other than the fact that it isn't really all that glamorous.

Incidently, I know a gal who is an industrial electrical engineer. She is petite and looks pretty hot with her toolbelt....and she obviously can do the job, been at it for 3 years now....she says she is the only female tech where she works...and she can dish out the gutter talk better than all the guys put together...her words....heh
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

your an absolute 'bloody legend' prntrfxr. thats the only way i can explain it!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    female techs?

good thinking. I used to work at this shop where we each shared a bench and a pc with another tech. The tech I shared it with put a photo of his red Honda Shadow on the desktop. You know the one with the orange flames on the tank. Everyday I had to listen to him and one of the guys behind us talk about what mods and accessories they were either going to add or already added. I'll be frank, I was jealous. That sure was a pretty bike and not too big (Good for a girl, but I didn't say that to him because I'm not stupid). One day he went to lunch and I made a copy of the photo, imported it into MS Paint and by the time he came back the desktop motorcycle had pink streamers coming out the handlebars, pink tank, and pretty pink flowers on the seat. The other guys saw it first and just held themselves. About 15 min before he saw it. Stopped him in mid sentence. I thought he was going to cry and I nearly did from laughter. When you said the pink phone thingy, this story was the first thing that came to my mind.

your an absolute 'bloody legend' prntrfxr. thats the only way i can explain it!
    Slybot must want something. Any guesses what it might be?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    female techs?

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Slybot must want something. Any guesses what it might be?
    Don't know about him, but I want an autographed picture of you dumping a waste toner box!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    I have met in classes about 3 females and worked with three others. When it comes to the job, they aren't any different than a bunch of male techs.
    They're actually better