Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    i agree a 'call is still a call' but doesnt it get to you all having to deal with the stupidity? like; do we have to wipe their bums for the rest of their lives or what

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    For the most part I have developed the the observation that customers are either really glad to see me or damn tired of looking at me. I try to keep it as much as I can in the former.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    For the most part I have developed the the observation that customers are either really glad to see me or damn tired of looking at me. I try to keep it as much as I can in the former.
    I personally take great delight in turning up to some customers time and time again. It's always good to see the look on their face when you hand them the chargeable call form. I think the best one I had was 4 calls in a week, every time the machine had broken parts. I billed them a total of £950 in parts and labour. Sometimes silly calls, however much the repeat calls piss you off, give you the chance to how the key operator / manager how stupid the users are and they need to get a handle on them.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    As much as I would love to charge such customers for being nuisances, unless there is physical damage, or they are on time and materials, I cannot charge them for this.

I tend to agree with the idea that every call counts, but considering the call volume we already have...between 20-30 calls per day to share between 6 techs...calls like cleaning get put off. The way we look at it, those customers with REAL problems where the machine is not operating for some reason should be dealt with higher priority over someone who merely has dirty glass and cannot figure out how to use windex and a paper towel.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by slybot View Post
    i agree a 'call is still a call' but doesnt it get to you all having to deal with the stupidity? like; do we have to wipe their bums for the rest of their lives or what
    No, not really. I'm painfully aware and completely zen with the fact that not all people would have the same level of understanding that we do. Inasmuch as I don't have a complete understanding of the law or medicine for that matter.

I don't want my doctor to roll his eyes when I ask him about surgery.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Asking your doc about surgery is nowhere near the same as asking someone to clean glass. I am a repair technician, not a janitor at their beck and call.

You call in an appliance technician to fix your dishwasher or stove or fridge, is it their responsibility to clean said appliance? No it is not.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    has dirty glass and cannot figure out how to use windex and a paper towel.
    ***Windex*** only $4.

windex.jpg
    Last edited by jma676; 10-09-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Why is it????????????

... knowing how to use it: PRICELESS!

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Why is it????????????

I usually tell people my job is like being an undertaker: when people call me, it usually ain't good news.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinBrown View Post
    No, not really. I'm painfully aware and completely zen with the fact that not all people would have the same level of understanding that we do. Inasmuch as I don't have a complete understanding of the law or medicine for that matter.

I don't want my doctor to roll his eyes when I ask him about surgery.
    i agree, but when you get clients ring up in a panic 'cos they cant find a paper jam, when the machine tells them with words and pictures on the screen (and they work in education), and you rock up and pull out 4 pieces of totally intact A4 paper and the ask 'where did you find that'........like honestly!