Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    is it just me, or does everyone else see the demise of the human race. After all if you cant read, (or let alone understand a picture) we really are doomed if these idiot clients are the majority of the human race

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Why is it????????????

I think it's always fun to share these stories with other fellow techs, but I believe the majority of the customers are not like that - as a matter of fact, I'm at a cool customer's site as I type these lines.

But it's always the jerks that will stay in our memory, since they are the ones who make our job a living hell.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slybot View Post
    is it just me, or does everyone else see the demise of the human race. After all if you cant read, (or let alone understand a picture) we really are doomed if these idiot clients are the majority of the human race
    For the most part the people you are referring to aren't necessarily idiots. They are just incredibly lazy and probably think that dealing with the copier is beneath them.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    "But I cleaned the glass!"

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Why is it????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    A slight off-topic, but I think that's not entirely correct - I'd say it's 1/3 education system, 1/3 teachers and 1/3 parents! If the kids don't get education at home in the first place, the school will do nothing for them.
    Let's break it down a little further - 1/4 the system, 1/4 the teachers (for putting up with the system and allowing the teacher's union to support a broken system), 1/4 the parents, and 1/4 the politicians who keep blocking school choice initiatives, and expansion of charter schools, home schools, and accountability in public education.

Let me finish by saying I've met a lot of really excellent teachers, parents, students, and politicians (well... not so much here, but a few) so its really the few bad apples in each case (reverse that for politicians) that are spoiling the bunch.
    73 DE W5SSJ