Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Why is it????????????

A customer's ability to comprehend and clean the scan glass is inversely proportional to the level of business they have...I.E..lawyer..doctor..accountant?
    Last edited by Jimbo1; 10-07-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    A customer's ability to comprehend and clean the scan glass is inversely proportional to the level of business they have...I.E..lawyer..doctor..accountant?
    I used to do helpdesk for a law firm and the guys I worked with figured it out. The more money one makes, the less likely one is to think for one's self. So they hire people (like techs) to think for them and realize you have to plug a machine in to the power outlet before it will turn on.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    I don't think they're stupid at all. I think that the more money someone makes, the more entitled they feel they are. In other words, they think it's beneath them to have to deal with the copy machine in any way. Lawyers can obviously read and comprehend what they read very well, that's pretty much their whole job. They choose not to when it comes to copiers, that's all.
    Last edited by Jules Winfield; 10-07-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: wanted to add something...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    I don't think they're stupid at all. I think that the more money someone makes, the more entitled they feel they are. In other words, they think it's beneath them to have to deal with the copy machine in any way. Lawyers can obviously read and comprehend what they read very well, that's pretty much their whole job. They choose not to when it comes to copiers, that's all.
    Copiers, computers, chairs, etc. The lawyers I supported made me wonder who feeds them and ties their shoes in the morning.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Why is it????????????

More money for us...as long as they're paying, who cares if we have to clean it? Easy money...or would you rather have a difficult problem that takes half a day, only to find out they don't want to pay? Do the cleaning, go to the next one. Much easier.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    The easy calls count as calls at the end of the year.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The easy calls count as calls at the end of the year.
    Yep, five minutes or five hours, it is still a call.
    And, there are people who will say... i don't have the time to do (fill in the blank). They would rather wait and find something to complain about.

It is quite simple, they are Don't It Your Selfers. They get paid well, doing what they do well, to be to pay us, to do what we do well.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Oh don't get me wrong..a call is a call. i just find it interesting and I am sure the scan glass is not the only thing we can fit into that paradigm. Like that big word?

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    I used to do helpdesk for a law firm and the guys I worked with figured it out. The more money one makes, the less likely one is to think for one's self. So they hire people (like techs) to think for them and realize you have to plug a machine in to the power outlet before it will turn on.
    Which is why we are always in great demand

But sometimes, it's really really annoying.