Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

The Miracle that is about to happen

Anybody else ready to see the 33 miners in Chile be rescued tonight and tomorrow?

I know I am!!

Two months of prayer from people all over the World are about to materialize before our eyes.

All in less than half the time that was originally thought (somewhere around Christmas).

Not to mention folks working together from a bunch of different countries to make it all happen. (All through His hands, of course!!)

I don't know how much live coverage will actually be televised, but right now it's on Foxnews.com as a stream.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    I just happened to click on one of the news channels last night as they were getting ready to lower the first person down to them. Then watched as they brought out the first miner. Pretty incredible stuff.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    As a Chilean, I know I am, as I know all are, very thankful, happy, elated, relieved, appreciative, jubilant, ecstatic, proud, well you get the idea.

PS my grandfather was a mining engineer and archaelogist in Chile, and my father and mother are from Chile and I have lots of family still there living in the north. I'm happy to say that my cousin lives in the house our grandfather built in Calama.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    It is truly a miracle these 33 miners are all alive! So glad they're bringing them up now! The moments when the family and miners see each other for the first time are incredible! Prayers were definitely answered!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar
    Just watched it on the news tonight here, have to admit, had a bit of lump in my throat when seeing the amazing coverage. well done Chile, its could to see some good news nowadays, instead of some of the crap that goes on.

Roll on number 33

OMD-227
    You've gotta feel for the poor guy who has his wife & mistress waiting for him up on the ground. Apparently, they both turned up at the mine site holding his photo and came across each other, not knowing the other existed.

He'll probably want to stay down there I'm guessing!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I just watched a few more of them come up.

This just never gets old!

I think I've been through about a half a box of Kleenexes already.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Amazing how something like this can appeal to the whole planet. Shows people everywhere are a lot more alike than they admit.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    You've gotta feel for the poor guy who has his wife & mistress waiting for him up on the ground. Apparently, they both turned up at the mine site holding his photo and came across each other, not knowing the other existed.

He'll probably want to stay down there I'm guessing!
    D'OH!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.