Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by ewizzy View Post
    Today, I found a sugar sachet in an MPC2800...... customer phoned up complaining bitterly that the machine wouldn't duplex. Went there, removed sachet of sugar, machine worked fine...... Sweet...... /I'll get me coat.

Perhaps you could have used the sugar to stop the bitterness of the complaint..?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    So would I if they were wild in Australia, but the snake is a seriously misunderstood animal, a little more about Debs...
    i used to keep lots of snakes, lizards, tarantulas, and other invertebrates as pets, they are far more fascinating than your average furry pets
    "Snake-o-phobia" call it if you want. I would resign my post as a copier techie immediately and forever if I found one inside a machine. I fear these reptiles much more than death in all its form. I have actually seen skynet's post just now as I had just jumped in bed to sleep, and l am already terrified and the sleep has disappeared from my eyes, as I got out of the bed and cross-checked under my bed and entire room ....just in case! I can never be convinced that these ugly creatures are misunderstood as debs say.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    snake is a seriously misunderstood animal,
    they are far more fascinating than your average furry pets
    There is nothing misunderstood about snakes, maybe if we lived in a country where snakes were a problem you would feel differently. But we only have the Adder and Grass snake of which the Adder being the only venomous one, and its considered an endangered species. In England you will probably never see a snake in the wild.

I saw a programme about furry animals, wolves, where someone went to Alaska or somewhere like that to study the wolf. The wolves were interested in him, he was worried that at first they saw him as food but never showed any signs of aggression. Watching the programme you could see that initial magic that bought man and the wolf together all those thousands of years ago. All the presenter needed to have done was give the wolves some food and the bond would have probably been sealed.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I'm no expert on snakes. If they're a live I like to leave them alone.
    There are only three kinds of snakes that I do not like ...

LIVE ONES
    DEAD ONES
    and
    STICKS THAT LOOK LIKE THEM
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    There are only three kinds of snakes that I do not like ...

LIVE ONES
    DEAD ONES
    and
    STICKS THAT LOOK LIKE THEM
    You'd probably like the Aussie spiders then. We have some real mean spiders here. The Redback, WhiteTail,Funnel Web,Huntsman,Mouse Spider( it's huge) , plus a few more. I've seen big physically fit men reduced to screaming girls running across the paddock slapping themselves all over because they walked into a spider web.

Funny as hell watching a grown men scream like a school girl, while he dances around doing the arachnoid shuffle...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Snakes would be one of the reasons I keep a handgun. In North Carolina, we have lots of snakes. I leave the harmless ones alone, but the water moccasins, cotton mouths, and rattle snakes have to go. I can avoid them, but my dogs don't have enough sense. If they get bit, it's real bad. My mom has a pond in the back yard, and in the summer, the water moccasins will come up in the grass. I have been mowing and chased many of them back in the water. Mom would find giant black snakes coiled up in her sheds all the time, but they are harmless, just getting out of the heat. As a young child, we used to find snakes and play with them. Better than snakes were the horned toads I would find when I lived in Texas.
    I have found a dried up frog under a fuser.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    "Snake-o-phobia" call it if you want. I would resign my post as a copier techie immediately and forever if I found one inside a machine. I fear these reptiles much more than death in all its form. I have actually seen skynet's post just now as I had just jumped in bed to sleep, and l am already terrified and the sleep has disappeared from my eyes, as I got out of the bed and cross-checked under my bed and entire room ....just in case! I can never be convinced that these ugly creatures are misunderstood as debs say.
    I live in the southeast US, I'm not afraid of snakes (respect them though)...I used to live in Panama CZ, I was very afraid of snakes there...Here, you get bit by a Rattlesnake, Cottonmouth, you will be very sick, but you will probably make it. When a Fur de lance has enough venom in a single bite to wipe out a few elephants then a bit of fear is deserved. Throw Central American spiders into the same bag..LOL EMujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

I had a customer call in that the the red toner was leaking in the copier, it was not a color copier, the mouse had one half on each side of the fuser and was obviously a "fresh kill".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I live in the southeast US, I'm not afraid of snakes (respect them though)...I used to live in Panama CZ, I was very afraid of snakes there...Here, you get bit by a Rattlesnake, Cottonmouth, you will be very sick, but you will probably make it. When a Fur de lance has enough venom in a single bite to wipe out a few elephants then a bit of fear is deserved. Throw Central American spiders into the same bag..LOL EMujo
    I just wonder what God had in mind when He created these dangerous cunning animals. To make matters worse even CITES has enlisted the venomous Adders as endangered species? Personally I prefer they be wiped from the surface of the earth!Talking of spiders, I once watched on a tv a wildlife documentary in which I saw a giant spider killing a young crocodile, yes,it was unbelievable but very true! Another spider killed and swallowed a rabbit. I think the film was shot somewhere in the far east..Asia.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Found a Swiss Army knife once in the LCF of a Kyocera km-5050,proceeded to give the customer a lecture about sticking sharp objects inside the machine,then realised it was mine left inside months earlier from a previous visit lol!!