Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Technician

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    Enlighten me, what's a strawberry pip? I know what a strawberry is, of course....??
    I may have its name wrong. However THIS IS what was in it and entertained me for quite sometime pulling the copier apart!!!FullSizeRender.jpg

Look on the sides. That is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    Once a Technician (when we still had one) came to our offices to look at our machine .

He found a half eaten toast inside the paper feeder , you know what he did ?

Took my cup of coffee from my hands, sat down and ate that toast .

So you know how all the chicken bones get inside the finishers in the government buildings? Its the same across the country.
    Well it makes for a nice place for the rats to chew in relative peace.
    Thanks to KFC and bad hygiene!

Not weird and not inside the machine.

Fixing a copier at the local strip joint would make you dig thru all kinds of funky clothing to get to the machine, that being in the dressing room.
    Must say it was very distracting getting the job done.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Not weird and not inside the machine.

Fixing a copier at the local strip joint would make you dig thru all kinds of funky clothing to get to the machine, that being in the dressing room.
    Must say it was very distracting getting the job done.

I have few phobias in this world, but I'm starting to get one. Let me explain.

A few months ago I received a call for the one of our local gentlemen's club. They were having a printing issue on a POS station. After reinstalling the print driver and cleaning the machine of a few indiscernible substances. The manager said " Can you look at one of our other machines? It's jamming." Now I love hearing this as much as I love being stabbed repeatedly with a spoon. So with a fake smile I ask her where the other machine is at? Suddenly my mood improved after being told " it's up in the changing room". I felt like the wolf heading into the hen house. However much to my dismay there was no one up stairs save for me and my own disappointment.

Now I look around to find the copier over in the make up station. Huge mirror, a beauticians chair, make up strewn every which way, And a noticeable sparkle to everything EVERYTHING........ Now here is where this new phobia is starting to kick in. With every step I take there is a poof of sparkles. Now I'm not talking about the sparkles used in crafts or little girly things. I'm talking about stripper dust sparkles. This stuff is as fine as toner and it gets everywhere. So now I make my way over to the copier that is covered in sparkles. Looking inside the machine Stripper dust has covered the drum, feed rollers, scan mirrors, and there is another unknown substance on the platen glass. After a futile attempt at cleaning the machine. I too am now starting to get this dust all over my hands, shoes and cloths. I still haven't gotten to the jamming issue. Plus I am going to need a good explanation for my wife as to the state of my appearance. After I finished up and Replaced the rear gate in tray 1 for the jamming issue. The machine is still a stripper dusty mess, but it works. Now you all know about my new phobia fear of stripper dust........I wonder what we should call it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Why would the "ladies" need a copier in the changing room.......? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post

I have few phobias in this world, but I'm starting to get one. Let me explain.
    What i can't understand is why does there need to be a machine in the dressing rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    Why would the "ladies" need a copier in the changing room.......? Just wondering.
    What i can't understand is why does there need to be a machine in the dressing rooms?
    I have no Idea. I just go were they tell me some days, and the places we end up provide great stories like this.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

...... and I am worrying about inhaling a few toner particles.....

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    I have no Idea. I just go were they tell me some days, and the places we end up provide great stories like this.
    How was the copy glass - other than the glitter.....?

Quote Originally Posted by KapeKopyTek View Post
    How was the copy glass - other than the glitter.....?
    Very glittery and with an unknown substance on it at first. Then Clean after I was done. I do not even want to hazard a guess as to the said unknown smear on the glass.