Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    worker drone 250+ Posts

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    HP 5L a bag of pot in the paper feed area. customer denied it was his.. so I kept it!
    The local Probation and Parole office moved to a new location. Was moving the copiers around when one of the agents was trying to "sort out his office." There was a plant that he said wasn't his. He is yelling out "That's not my plant". The secretary insisted it was. Finally after a lengthy "yelled out conversation", he decided that it was his plant but that she had repotted it during the move. So now he is yelling out around the office "That's not my pot". I could not resist pointing out to him the irony in that was a line he heard more than he delivered.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

I have read it in here many times, finding a mouse, mouse nest, droppings, ect.
    Well it finally happened to me, live mouse in a finisher, call was for machine stuck warming up, Estudio 4505 ac, one of the new "black boxes" we call them.
    Panel said warming up, opened side door, felt no heat from fuser at all, power down and pulled it, cold, put it back in and started machine up again, showed jam in finisher, saddle stitch area, slide it open, and pulled down the flap, large mouse took off out the rear of unit and through the large hole in the lower frame of the finisher, was in a office of a school, good thing no one was in there at the time, cause I exclaimed something I should not have
    Well I thought he went behind the desk next to the mach. found damaged wires in the unit, pulled the copier away from wall to disconnect the finisher, Mr. Mouse ran from behind the mach. over my shoe, out the door and down the hall, when I told the office staff they needed a electrician and exterminator and why, you should have seen the commotion in that office, half were on a mouse hunt, others were looking for a place to get away, and the finisher, we will pull it in the shop, to give it a good going over to see what else has been done, and how much they will pay, our maint. contracts don't cover that.

Found a C25 brought to submission by a 25cm strand of hair today.
    It could not calibrate properly, opened and closed the side door made a print and out comes the piece of hair semi fused to the paper.
    Work a lot better after that.
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Found a C25 brought to submission by a 25cm strand of hair today.
    It could not calibrate properly, opened and closed the side door made a print and out comes the piece of hair semi fused to the paper.
    Work a lot better after that.
    I had a KM-6550ci throwing .. I think it was C6770. There was a hair wrapped around the non-contacting thermistor and running down the heat belt, throwing off the temperature detection. It doesn't take much. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I had a KM-6550ci throwing .. I think it was C6770. There was a hair wrapped around the non-contacting thermistor and running down the heat belt, throwing off the temperature detection. It doesn't take much. =^..^=
    I had a human hair waving across the slot of a Finisher unit entrance sensor.
    You needed a magnifying glass and bright torch to see it in the dim office light.
    Talk about a random chance find and fix...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

In an office full of ladies with long hair I had found several strands of hair wrapped around the mag roller in one of the color devs causing odd CQ issues.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

A void that seemed to move across the paper with each print on a bizhub 250. Pulled the IU out and a roach jumped out and made it a few feet before I introduced him to the bottom of my shoe.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Other day over at a local elementary she called for machine constantly jamming Taskalfa 8001i. This lil old lady is only one allowed to use copier so when she calls it's usually a pretty serious problem as she knows the machine well. so I show up and look at a paper she pulled out. Had this weird brown spot on it. So ran one and sure enough jammed right at that guide near the registration section. Unscrewed it and pulled it off and found the culprit. One big ass nasty smashed up waterbug cockroach. Was kinda gross.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

One of the field techs just called in to let me know he'd solve a mystery noise in a waste toner drive, there was a ball of cat fur in the auger. Still waiting for a report on the cats health.

Sudden thought.........that might be where the expression copycat comes from!!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    One of the field techs just called in to let me know he'd solve a mystery noise in a waste toner drive, there was a ball of cat fur in the auger. Still waiting for a report on the cats health.

Sudden thought.........that might be where the expression copycat comes from!!
    We need a laugh button.