Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    It's not inside the copier but does this count?

Reminded me of a story I read on I believe it was Smarka when they were still available a few years ago. Seems the owner of a office dealership could not understand why one customer was using so much toner. Techs would go on calls and check machine and things were apparently fine. This was back when the copier was an analog Mita if I remember correctly. Anyway they delivered toner when needed. They would call the customer for monthly copy counts and toner supply levels in the cabinet. Then one day a tech had to make an earlier than normal run even further out and was passing the problem machine with a toner order. So stopped by to drop the toner off. When he got there there he saw a gal making sky shots on the copier. So he went over and had to see what she was doing. Seems the secretary was putting her bagels on the glass and running it until the lamp warmed her bagel up enough to put butter on it. Oh yes the office did not have a microwave yet or a toaster. Tech explained that was why the toner ran out so fast and it was not recommended to make copies with the document feeder raised. He also grabbed the copies out of the trash as proof when he showed his boss. Reason they never saw the sky shots was the cleaning crew came through (actually while he was there) before everyone started working and emptied the waste baskets in the mornings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    It's not inside the copier but does this count?

to be sure YOU didn't have to clean that up!?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    to be sure YOU didn't have to clean that up!?

I wish it was that exciting, It's just a picture I stumbled across on the internet.

Technician

do typewriters count in this thread??? I used to do per machine labor for a company on cape cod, MA. when they'd get 8-10 machines in house, i'd go down for the day and pick-up a few hundred dollars.

one machine was flown over from nantucket island(IBM selectric). no start condition. popped the cover, entirely filled with mouse nest material.

put the cover back on. no charge. not repairable on the tag. I HATE FRGGIN MICE

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boscru View Post
    do typewriters count in this thread??? I used to do per machine labor for a company on cape cod, MA. when they'd get 8-10 machines in house, i'd go down for the day and pick-up a few hundred dollars.

one machine was flown over from nantucket island(IBM selectric). no start condition. popped the cover, entirely filled with mouse nest material.

put the cover back on. no charge. not repairable on the tag. I HATE FRGGIN MICE
    BE thankful you don't have to work on Brother typewriters ... they discontinue parts for them too soon and then the old people get pissed at me when I tell them it cannot be repaired. " but it's only 12 years old, and has worked so well for us"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    BE thankful you don't have to work on Brother typewriters ... they discontinue parts for them too soon and then the old people get pissed at me when I tell them it cannot be repaired. " but it's only 12 years old, and has worked so well for us"
    Actually started getting that sort of complaint about the IBM type bar machines when they stopped making parts for them in the mid 70's. Just have to remember this though. There were parts common to those IBM type bar machines going back to before WW2. There were a few customers in 1973
    that actually still used what IBM named the Model 01 from 1935! 4506VV2240.jpg