Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    It didn't occur to me to clarify what a 7inch single was sorry, in these days of MP3s and Blu-Rays it's easy to forget that not everyone is old enough to remember 7inch singles. Just to clarify, it was a vinyl record, 7inch single size ans still in its sleeve, sadly I can't remember who the artist was, it was some unknown from the 1960s who i'm glad to say was even before my time at the ripe old age of 41.
    They had the bigger records when I was a kid. I even used one of those tape players where you put the audio film rolls (two of them) on the machine and fed the tape though the reader device...got that from my grandfather.

Yeah, I thought "7 inch single" meant something COMPLETELY different, but I won't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    They had the bigger records when I was a kid. I even used one of those tape players where you put the audio film rolls (two of them) on the machine and fed the tape though the reader device...got that from my grandfather.

Yeah, I thought "7 inch single" meant something COMPLETELY different, but I won't go there.
    they are called 'reel to reel's' ( at least thats what i call them). got at least 3 of them at my fathers place

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    It's obvious. They were trying to illegally copy music.
    ROTFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by spaniel ears View Post
    It didn't occur to me to clarify what a 7inch single was sorry, in these days of MP3s and Blu-Rays it's easy to forget that not everyone is old enough to remember 7inch singles. Just to clarify, it was a vinyl record, 7inch single size ans still in its sleeve, sadly I can't remember who the artist was, it was some unknown from the 1960s who i'm glad to say was even before my time at the ripe old age of 41.
    we call them 45's the LP's are 33's (really 33 and a 1/3) and dont forget the good old 78's

charles173
    Years ago (on a Savin 5015) I had random shadows across the copies...I found mouse droppings in the optics. The little guy was scurrying around the optics during the copy process and blocking the light. Interesting effect!

Technician 50+ Posts spaniel ears's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charles173 View Post
    Years ago (on a Savin 5015) I had random shadows across the copies...I found mouse droppings in the optics. The little guy was scurrying around the optics during the copy process and blocking the light. Interesting effect!
    No wonder he was shitting himself with a set of optics flying at him.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    The manager gets the top shelf prize for that one. He had a customer complain of ADF jambing he could not find any thing unsual. So he took the glass out of the copier and held it up to the light. He found a greese/oily out line where some fellow had photocopied his penis, and left his fat on the glass (pun). So, needless to say, cleaning the glass apparently fixed the problem. Not sure if the customer was embarassed or not. This is the managers tall story not mine...

I have heard similar stories along those lines but with the intoxicated female variety of the homosapien species...

GDM

WOETC
    May have a couple of toppers, numerous, mice at various times, a cockroach in the Transfer corona unit, (the copy went blank halfway across the page). a spider that lived in a laser unit and caused a moving void, but the toppers were a 3ft (1 metre) Taipan in a document feeder.(Very agressive, highly venomous snake) In Alice Springs I had to go to one of the aboriginal reserves, where thay had a copier that was having feed problems from the bottom tray. It was sitting on the ground, I lifted each end of the copier onto a block of wood, so I could get at the feed mechanism, opened the drawer, and out slithered an 8 ft king brown snake (see description of taipan)

WOETC
    Forgot, to mention one of my favourites. Went to a fax in about 1990, opened up the machine and there was a yellow powder inside the machine, I asked what it was, and the client said, "oh we've had problems with vermin, that's cyanide". I left the machine in pieces washed my hands thoroughly, and walked out. Got full support from the boss.

Back in the '90s, I was called out for the copier was tearing the corners off of the paper, found the paper in the tray was cornerless! Showed the customer and got a call back the next day for a horrible smell. Mystery solved on the corner issue, it was a mouse and it was now in the fuser unit cooked between the hot and pressure roller- skipped lunch that day...