Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by mjunkaged View Post
    BTW I never get tired of your (lifted from mascan) tag line...but now that I'm also salesman as well as tech., I'm TURNING INTO AN ASSHOLE!! Don't do sales if you like being nice to people! Sales REQUIRES being one.
    It was an actual quote from Mascan42 on this very forum. Best thing I've ever read over here!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    It was an actual quote from Mascan42 on this very forum. Best thing I've ever read over here!
    Sorry for the obvious answer - I just woke up and I'm on vacation - my brain is still asleep.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Quote Originally Posted by Nieu View Post
    What is the weirdest thing that you have ever found in a copier or printer.I found an ipod in one of my clients printers.The complaint was "weird sounds coming out of the printer"
    Went to a call for pcq and found a mac donalds wrapper around the drum!!! Had another call for jamming in a fax machine and found a biscuit inside the feed section...
    Apparantly they had a food fight in the office the day before!!
    WARNING... Please dont feed the copier and fax machines!!

Draloch

Found a pie 'keeping warm' in an old Ricoh copier, on top of fusing unit!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

ok, not too long ago I errrrrrr went to a mpc6000 for jamming and next thing i know its dead. ordered a psu and discovered my cough cough cleaning brush jammed in the fuser.

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    ok, not too long ago I errrrrrr went to a mpc6000 for jamming and next thing i know its dead. ordered a psu and discovered my cough cough cleaning brush jammed in the fuser.
    If your boss ever reads this...
    Mascan42

Ibid

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

I was asked to remove a dead bat from the copier in our show room. I found a bat taped to the inside door with its wings spread and taped in place. Apparently the poor little guy found its way into our office after hours. The salesman staying late saw it and grabbed an exit tray and smacked it right out of the air killing it. He decided it would be funny to stick it on the inside front door of a copier that the office used for copies. This copier was also in the showroom! He taped it to the door and taped it's wings open so it looked rather menacing and created a paper jam in the copier. The next morning the sales secretary found it and screamed at the top of her lungs! The boss was not amused and the spit hit the fan! Being somewhat of a practical joker myself got me falsely accused of the misdeed. Eventually the salesman came clean. After that when we saw him coming we would go Dah nuh nuh nuh na Batman!. No one was fired but the salesman left shortly there after. I think it was because the sales secretary kept messing up his commissions.

jculljr

Had a customer use the openable fuser of an old SF740 to heat up his sandwich!

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    If your boss ever reads this...
    well i ordered the part, another engineer went out with the supervisor (his area) and have since took the P**s - so fair enough on my cock up. Supervisors know its not a regular thing so it was just lets take the p**s out of him.

I would have figured it out as i knew something had taken out the psu i.e. too much load so would have turned it on without the fuser installed but as it had taken out the psu i was screwed untill i had a new psu.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikon Princess View Post
    A live rat! I screamed he ran nobody in the office came in to find out why their tech was screaming. people kill me.
    they never came to check,

because they were tinkingthat you trying the new scream to repair procedure(i heard about it once)
    did it work?