Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Hi
    sf -8100 freaking wasps
    i hate them
    cheers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Got a call for doc feeder jamming this morning. Got there and found a teacher had tried to run a workbook through the feeder.

Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Used to work on a Lanier 537 at a coal fired power plant in SE Arizona. Every time I went there it was covered in coal dust inside and out. Sat right by a window that was always open. It took hours to clean it up knowing full well that I would be back in a couple of weeks to do it all over again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kyrenecopy View Post
    Used to work on a Lanier 537 at a coal fired power plant in SE Arizona. Every time I went there it was covered in coal dust inside and out. Sat right by a window that was always open. It took hours to clean it up knowing full well that I would be back in a couple of weeks to do it all over again.
    We used to have a Mita DC-2055 in a concrete manufacturing plant office. Even though cheesecloth was covering every vent, it made no difference...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

One of the techs brought a A4 printer that lived inside a -5C cold store back to the workshop to solve a problem. Even though it had been in the back of his car for a half hour it was still very, very cold to the touch inside. The strange thing was even though it was living in an enviroment 15 deg colder than recomended it was performing very well. This was probably due to the zero humidity level. Once we removed the short 'n curly from the charge roller, away it went again.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Jaycat718's Avatar

Coffee, and Popcorn!!! At a gym no less. Sharp mx-m700

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

I found an outdated check for over three thousand dollars in the lct of a sharp copier once. When I returned it to the banker she about hit the floor.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

I had a service call on a copier in a middle school library. The vice principal placed the call telling us "someone spilled a cup of Crystal Light Lemonade on the glass". They wanted us to inspect the machine to see if any damage had been done. When I arrived I noticed a pool of liquid in the optics cavity under the glass. As soon as I started to lift the glass, the horrid odor of asparagus fueled urine hit my nose. I dropped everything, packed up my tools and after washing my hands for the next 10 minutes, told the vice principal what the spill really was and told them good luck with filing with their insurance since we were not going to touch it or honor their service agreement.

A week later I came out to service one of their other machines in their faculty room (no pee in this one). Afterward I spoke to the vice principal and she told me the bathroom bandit struck again in the library. They found a pile of poo sitting on top of one of the HP printers.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Call on machine for "jamming" ...open the side and sitting in the registration is a red M&M candy. Took it out and explained the findings only to be met with the argument that "they didn't have anybody there that would be eating M&Ms". Office is full of "portly" secretaries all with their heads down at the time of the explanation. Boss man comes over and says "bet you never see that happen very much"...I told him "you got that right, usually it's the brown ones"

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

I was replaced the feed tires on a Bizhub 751. I removed the feed unit and found what looked like a small broken metal tube sitting underneath the unit. A closer look found it to be a piece of jewlery. I finished the job and took it to the secretary and said "I don't know if anyone has reported something like this missing.." and before I finished she said "That's mine!" She had lost it months earlier but she thought it was in the filing cabinet.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success