Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Nothing found (besides mice), but did have a customer once state that their "color copier won't print white!" (several years ago). Got there and discovered they were printing certificates on yellow parchment paper and it would not print white where it was supposed to be white. It showed the area being white on the computer screen!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    Nothing found (besides mice), but did have a customer once state that their "color copier won't print white!" (several years ago). Got there and discovered they were printing certificates on yellow parchment paper and it would not print white where it was supposed to be white. It showed the area being white on the computer screen!
    sounds like some of the teachers I have dealt with in the past. Then parents wonder WHY the kids are in such sad shape.

A couple of months ago, a customer brought me a HP Deskjet 3050, she said that it was her daughter's printers and she was trying to do her homework but the printer was jamming the paper. I took a look and I found a used condom twisted and trapped in the pickup rollers, It was disgusting!!. I told her that the printer just needed maintenance. The next day, some dude picked the printer up and paid for the maintenance, he looked sooo embarrased !! lol

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's not so much of whats been put in but whats been taken out. Someone got into a paper tray on a Lexmark and neatly snipped out 50mm of wiring loom. Why????

20170627_104434.jpg
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    It's not so much of whats been put in but whats been taken out. Someone got into a paper tray on a Lexmark and neatly snipped out 50mm of wiring loom. Why????

20170627_104434.jpg

Sabotage. Had similar once long time ago. Guy, operator of a large chemical photo developing machine, was terminated and just before he left ripped out just one, but critical, wire out of a connector from the power supply.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

found this online. felt it belonged here.

http://i.imgur.com/nqZJnUv.mp4
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

in the 90īs,was called out to a Panasonic copier (pre digital) in a Pharmacy. I canīt remember the model but when copying the whole scanner unit moved to the right and back again (Pr1320?). The client complained of a moving black mark across the copy? Moving? Got there made test copied no mark. Client made copies and a round black blur appeared, first in the middle of the copy and then the bottom- i open the scanner and lo and behold there was a small mouse running around. chased the mouse out problem solved.

Another time client told me there were pubic hair marks on the copies ..... was ink marks from a ball point pen on the glass....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lenovich View Post
    in the 90īs,was called out to a Panasonic copier (pre digital) in a Pharmacy. I canīt remember the model but when copying the whole scanner unit moved to the right and back again (Pr1320?). The client complained of a moving black mark across the copy? Moving? Got there made test copied no mark. Client made copies and a round black blur appeared, first in the middle of the copy and then the bottom- i open the scanner and lo and behold there was a small mouse running around. chased the mouse out problem solved.

Another time client told me there were pubic hair marks on the copies ..... was ink marks from a ball point pen on the glass....
    Reminded me of a very weird machine a customer carried in. The copies had a perfect image of a mouse randomly printing on the page. The machine was a Mita 1415. A nice old analog. Ran two pages and sure enough right there was a mouse image. Small and not a full grown mouse. Took the drum out and right on the drum was an etched image of the mouse. And in the back of the machine at the end of the transfer separation was the body of the mouse. Figured that the mouse was in the machine and started running away from the front as the copy button was pressed and the charge shorted through its body while it had enough life left to make it to the back of the machine. best part was the customer was wondering if they could get it fixed under warranty.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It's not inside the copier but does this count?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ctl-Alt-Del View Post
    It's not inside the copier but does this count?

Reminded me of a story I read on I believe it was Smarka when they were still available a few years ago. Seems the owner of a office dealership could not understand why one customer was using so much toner. Techs would go on calls and check machine and things were apparently fine. This was back when the copier was an analog Mita if I remember correctly. Anyway they delivered toner when needed. They would call the customer for monthly copy counts and toner supply levels in the cabinet. Then one day a tech had to make an earlier than normal run even further out and was passing the problem machine with a toner order. So stopped by to drop the toner off. When he got there there he saw a gal making sky shots on the copier. So he went over and had to see what she was doing. Seems the secretary was putting her bagels on the glass and running it until the lamp warmed her bagel up enough to put butter on it. Oh yes the office did not have a microwave yet or a toaster. Tech explained that was why the toner ran out so fast and it was not recommended to make copies with the document feeder raised. He also grabbed the copies out of the trash as proof when he showed his boss. Reason they never saw the sky shots was the cleaning crew came through (actually while he was there) before everyone started working and emptied the waste baskets in the mornings.