Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Question What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

What is the weirdest thing that you have ever found in a copier or printer.I found an ipod in one of my clients printers.The complaint was "weird sounds coming out of the printer"

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Complaint of jamming on an old Lanier 6713. Sure enough it jammed every time. There was a mouse caught between the registration rollers, tail and one hind leg pulled in.

Aside from the mundane office supplies bunging up the machine I've found candies of different descriptions and a few personal items like earrings and such.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I don't know how the hell it got there but a minolta ep4000 I think had a paint brush in the document feed belt

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Mouse House

Back in the 70's found a mouse nest inthe filter bag at a ASU office.
    More recently found a fake fingernail in the fuser of a Savin 5015re

Copymutt

to: nieu
    haha, sooo funny, r u return it to the owner?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Where to start ...

In the animal category: Various mice, box-elder bugs, Asian Beetles,

In the vegetable category: cracked corn & nuts & seeds (imported by the mice from a nearby bird feeder), a Milky Way bar in the bypass tray, catsup and mustard packets in the bypass at a TGI Fridays restaurant (they called to say the copier was bleeding), handfulls of extra crispy breading in a Canon fax at Kentucky Fried Chicken (The whole machine looked like it had been deep fried),

In the mineral category: a letter opener, a T-shirt (yes, they were trying to copy onto it), sticky notes (did you know that if you don't want the cost column to appear on an invoice you can just put a sticky note on that area of the paper, then copy your invoice, then remove the sticky note [and the other 5 sticky notes from the drum unit]), car keys in a Canon finisher (The trays wouldn't move. Who doesn't notice that their car keys are missing when it's time to go home?), several gallons of water from a Canon NP-6560 (it was submerged in 4 feet of water when a water main burst), law books from a Canon finisher (when the bookcase crashed down on the finisher and tore it off the machine-totalled),

The funniest one, by far, was when a co-worker was telling all of us at the weekly meeting how the customer had stolen his flashlight and he wanted it back. He was quite angry. The meeting went on for another 1/2 hour, when the dispatcher came in and told us that that same customer had called to say that their machine was jamming in the duplexer. She guided the customer to the duplex tray, and what was in it? The flashlight.

... there are more, I just don't remember. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 10-15-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: memory kicking in.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    Had 2 jam calls for mice in copiers and one were the copier would turn on and off all by itself. Turns out when you stepped on the old floor boards it flexed the power cord in the wall socket that had a fried mouse hanging off of it.
    Found 2 rings, one loose emerald, a small craftsman screwdriver fused to the line filter, had the initials CAB etched into it, anybody here? a small gold chain, broken scissor tips, misc. pens and pencils, countless paper clips, a leather glass coaster from Zeno DFW Wholesale that I still use at my desk, and probably my favorite item from about 20 years ago, a shot glass.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Got a call once that the control panel didn't work. Got to the site and found that a set of antlers mounted over the copier had fallen and stabbed through the panel. Seems they could have mentioned the antlers before I drove 50 miles.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I had an inoperable panel with a blue Bic pen sticking through the touch screen. Nobody noticed the projectile?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Hey Nieu, was the weird noise coming from the printer the Black Eyed Peas ? I was sent to a machine once where the receptionist, while removing a jam, dislodged her rather large diamond from her engagement ring. It took hours, but I found it.
    Kevin900