Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of month

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    To some extend it sounds like laziness...normally you could count on 1-2 sales per week. I've had my handle at sales and it can be depressing and very psychologically damning...but if you're good at it then it is very rewarding.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    One of the all time best sales reps we ever had set his own monthly deadline for the 15th.

He was always above quota, too.

We never had any of these issues with him. Talk about smooth!

He went on to start his own business in an unrelated field.

We sure do miss him!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Two of the machines were Segment 6 (135 pages per minute), so this was no "basic" install.
    Opposite end of the spectrum, we had a sales gerbil push out segment 3 and 4 boxes to a customer, fully connected - print, scan, fax directly to folders, et cetera. This office had no dedicated IT person and not every user (30+, not all on site at the same time) had admin rights on their own computers, all with differing a/v software. So yeah, the hardware took a couple hours to install, the connected side took a week of 10 hour days. All. too. common.

"But it's only a 45 cpm machine, how hard can it be?"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    Opposite end of the spectrum, we had a sales gerbil push out segment 3 and 4 boxes to a customer, fully connected - print, scan, fax directly to folders, et cetera. This office had no dedicated IT person and not every user (30+, not all on site at the same time) had admin rights on their own computers, all with differing a/v software. So yeah, the hardware took a couple hours to install, the connected side took a week of 10 hour days. All. too. common.

"But it's only a 45 cpm machine, how hard can it be?"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    I maintain that the smaller machines proportionately take more time and effort than the larger ones do, just for these reasons.

The Segment 6 machines I mentioned were a logistic nightmare more than anything else; lack of space, narrow doorways, etc...

Even though this customer (a health insurance company) prints HUGE mainframe reports, the software side of the beasts went very smoothly.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

I maintain that the smaller machines proportionately take more time and effort than the larger ones do, just for these reasons.

The Segment 6 machines I mentioned were a logistic nightmare more than anything else; lack of space, narrow doorways, etc...

Even though this customer (a health insurance company) prints HUGE mainframe reports, the software side of the beasts went very smoothly.
    Do any of you guys use those stair climbers? Escalara and Powermate make them, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Do any of you guys use those stair climbers? Escalara and Powermate make them, among others.
    I think just about everybody has them by now, at least I would hope!

I stand back and watch our delivery guys in amazement at what they can do sometimes.

I stand back and watch our delivery guys in amazement at what they can do sometimes.
    There's a competing dealer in our area and they still use several guys...even on steps.

Which brand did you guys go with?

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    There's a competing dealer in our area and they still use several guys...even on steps.

Which brand did you guys go with?
    I don't know, but I'll find out and post it here.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar

I make sure I stand well back...in fact, I make a complete effort to not be anywhere near the bottom of the stairs when they move it. Workers comp does not cover me for helping, and quite frankly I do not want to have to "claim" for workplace injuries...given the track record of lousy support from WC in these parts. We've had two hostage events in the past 15 years or so here...says a lot...I don't want to have to resort to such extremes, so its best never to take chances...
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    I make sure I stand well back...in fact, I make a complete effort to not be anywhere near the bottom of the stairs when they move it. Workers comp does not cover me for helping, and quite frankly I do not want to have to "claim" for workplace injuries...given the track record of lousy support from WC in these parts. We've had two hostage events in the past 15 years or so here...says a lot...I don't want to have to resort to such extremes, so its best never to take chances...
    A few months ago we installed a Ricoh MP9001 at an account where the office was on the second floor and there was no elevator. I think that model weighs about 700"ish" pounds.

Bad enough, but the genius salesrep, who is no longer here (go figure!) never told anybody by checking the appropriate boxes on his sales forms. The driver had to get it up the stairs on his own - he was not a happy camper.

Of course, he never mentioned it to the customer that the machine takes 208 volts (which they had no outlet for), but that's another matter.