Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    He still has that humongous honker....I have a brother in law who "almost" could pass for his looks if you were not paying attention. The only distinction is the much much shorter hair...and lack of ability to play bass.

In the mood.
    YouTube - Rush - In the Mood

Another of my personal favs...Tom Sawyer

YouTube - Rush - Tom Sawyer

Crap...they are still pushin new tunes out...early starts in '68...first album in '74....they are less geriatric lookin than many bands still together from that era...
    Can't forget "Limelight"...

“I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Yep, that one is another of their best of...

so many bands of that era know what music is...these days it seems most bands just churn out the commercial stuff, but rarely are they willing to push the envelope of talent. I miss the days of Floyd, Zeppelin, OLDER ACDC and so on...
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Yep, that one is another of their best of...

so many bands of that era know what music is...these days it seems most bands just churn out the commercial stuff, but rarely are they willing to push the envelope of talent. I miss the days of Floyd, Zeppelin, OLDER ACDC and so on...
    You just need to know where to look

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I do find a few bands that I really like from this era...Linkin Park, I really enjoy their creative stuff...some Rihanna I like...Eminem has a few tunes too...though most of what he does is vapid. I enjoy some other bands like "Trophy" ...

I first heard of them through a cool animated series called Life's a Zoo...

Every episode features a group not so well known.

its not for lack of looking...just many bands go with the more common 3-4 minute tune and run to another...rock opera is the thing of the past...Song Remains the Same, Sgt Peppers, The Wall...some examples of what I mean....hell, even Purple Rain had some talent....though I am not a fan of the effeminate stylings of the lead character.
    Last edited by Stirton.M; 11-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    I do find a few bands that I really like from this era...Linkin Park, I really enjoy their creative stuff...some Rihanna I like...Eminem has a few tunes too...though most of what he does is vapid. I enjoy some other bands like "Trophy" ...
    Even though I was not around at the times of Pink Floyd etc, I know what you mean. I really like bands like "the kills, the dead weather, within temptation, nine inch nails and muse" but there not much in the charts I like.

The masses not have good taste in music Not to say I have.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar
    He still has that humongous honker....I have a brother in law who "almost" could pass for his looks if you were not paying attention. The only distinction is the much much shorter hair...and lack of ability to play bass.

In the mood.
    YouTube - Rush - In the Mood

Another of my personal favs...Tom Sawyer

YouTube - Rush - Tom Sawyer

Crap...they are still pushin new tunes out...early starts in '68...first album in '74....they are less geriatric lookin than many bands still together from that era...

They are not far releasing a new Album (CD or download for you younger guys) some going over 40 years bringing out quality stuff