Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    The Edge does have messaging capabilites - perhaps that will be used a bit more.

We do get a lot of text messages on our cell phones, but we can't send text messages from them (it's blocked).

I really am looking forward to working with the Ricoh techs, as well. I think it will be a good mix, and hopefully we'll learn from each other!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I really am looking forward to working with the Ricoh techs, as well. I think it will be a good mix, and hopefully we'll learn from each other!
    You are correct, we are all the same on the technical side, work hard, do the best that we can for our peeps.

I just want to get some monocomponent toner under my fingernails again!!! Whaaahaahahahah! (Not really, Canon not my thing... I'd rather go back to liquid Savins) A box is a box though. If they need Canon calls done, I'll do them.

Service Manager 250+ Posts msaeger's Avatar
    I further have a lot of dificulty understanding why RBS (a smaller company) was able to buy IKON (the larger company)
    RBS is part of Ricoh which is a much larger company than Ikon.

They did not get rid of the supervisor position and far as I know we still have several of them here. I believe they just changed how many techs per supervisor and Ikon has supervisors too so there are bound to be extras. Now is when it's good to be at the bottom management and admin is what will get cut.

The email is supposed to work on the super brick for the Ikon guys when they get put on Lotus Notes. We can use it on there now. I haven't been able to get it to work on mine but haven't tried to hard either because I still have the Black Berry. The email experience on the brick sounds pretty bad so I don't plan on wasting time getting it to work until they force me to.

They have to get all the techs going with mobile email soon. Text messages and broadcast voice mail are a step back like what 10 years.

We were assured several times we would get all the functionality we have with the Black Berry on the brick but like I told them I don't believe it until they show me. My hope at this point is we get to use the Black Berry for phone / everything else and just have to use the brick for call closing but it probably won't happen.

We have also been told several times there is a brick that is a more manageable size coming soon but I will believe it when I see it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Business Solutions morphs into IKON 2.0 - GOSSIP HERE!

If it makes sense, guaranteed it won't be happening.

The IKON techs were really looking forward to going on the blackberry - RBS techs handled about 20% more machines, and most of those running higher clicks because they didn't have to jerk around with the EDGE.

A tech I work with said it best: RBS has screwed up the customer billing and sales department for years, the only thing holding us above water is the service department, so now they're going to take the ax to it.

Another tech nailed everyones opinion of the EDGE: It needs crammed up someone's ass EDGEways.

The other thing Ikon techs were looking forward to is company service vehicles - those are out of the picture (they say just for now, but that probably means perminately) as well. They expect us to go back to Runzreamer. If you want someone to finanace a vehicle for you go to a bank, not your employees.

I have seen very few companies disrespect their customers and employees like this and survive intact, and I've never seen one that didn't lose a significant part of its market share.

Sorry upper management, but I'm just a lowly vacuum jockey, and I've got more brains than that.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Technician
    Ok, I heard from a friend of a friend that RBS in TX and other gulf coast areas have also fired "service supervisors". (Just like Atl) I also spoke with a friend at RBS Tampa that no service supervisors (nor anyone else) had been let go from there. Anyone else have any gossip?

Quote Originally Posted by msaeger View Post
    We have also been told several times there is a brick that is a more manageable size coming soon but I will believe it when I see it.
    We've heard that, too.

The current ones are much smaller than the first ones we had.

The only bad part is that the battery doesn't last quite as long in the newer ones.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    And all this time I thought "The EDGE" was the guitar player for U2...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
    And all this time I thought "The EDGE" was the guitar player for U2...
    I thought it was a crossover SUV.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I had almost went to Ricoh a while back are you guys saying it's probably not a good idea now? No company car? Someone always with their thumb on you?
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Business Solutions morphs into IKON 2.0 - GOSSIP HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by ToshibaTech View Post
    I had almost went to Ricoh a while back are you guys saying it's probably not a good idea now? No company car? Someone always with their thumb on you?
    I'm waiting for the technicians with any skill whatsoever to start leaving. There should be plenty of other companies hiring - Ricoh has been losing business because of their billing, and that business has to be going somewhere.

BTW - I know Ricoh management probably reads this site - I'm not saying anything most of the techs don't feel, and I'd rather see Ricoh pull their a$$ out of the gutter, but they need to have enough sense to pay attention.
    73 DE W5SSJ