Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ragajungle

vwrome
    When is this going to be officially released? Are they changing the company name?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Business Solutions morphs into IKON 2.0 - GOSSIP HERE!

Yup - they'll be changing it to whoever buys us after they run off enough customers and techs for the business to go down the toilet.
    73 DE W5SSJ

ragajungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
    You are correct, we are all the same on the technical side, work hard, do the best that we can for our peeps.

I just want to get some monocomponent toner under my fingernails again!!! Whaaahaahahahah! (Not really, Canon not my thing... I'd rather go back to liquid Savins) A box is a box though. If they need Canon calls done, I'll do them.
    Tell me about it... I haven't worked on Canon for years and because I have some limited experience -- I am all the sudden Ricoh's go-to-guy for Canon.. I looked at my Edge this morning and had a mini-stroke - I have ALL Canon loaded into my territory - 10 Canon calls in my queue and 0 Ricoh.... [sob - sniffle - CRY!!]

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vwrome View Post
    When is this going to be officially released? Are they changing the company name?
    In the uk they have been calling them "rikon!" for the last few years lol

Repurposing the term RINO!
    Ricoh
    In
    Name
    Only

Wondering how long it will be before some poor sap goes postal. Remember Xerox a few years back?
    The term Union has been overheard several times... That would be truly ironic - usually its the unions that run a company into the ground, but in this case it would be the union trying to keep the company from running itself into the ground.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Repurposing the term RINO!
    Ricoh
    In
    Name
    Only

Wondering how long it will be before some poor sap goes postal. Remember Xerox a few years back?
    The term Union has been overheard several times... That would be truly ironic - usually its the unions that run a company into the ground, but in this case it would be the union trying to keep the company from running itself into the ground.
    About 10 years ago one of the IKON branches HAD a union, and got rid of it in a matter of months. In fact, I'm not totally sure that it ever really got off the ground.

(Oddly enough, Xerox workers are actually in the Garment Workers Union, as when unions are created, they are normally associated with the union nearest them, and Rochester, NY is certainly very close to the Garment District.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Well that fits with my idea of a union - if you absolutely must create one then it should be extremely short lived. Accomplish your goal and disband instead of sucking the life out of everything you were trying to fix... I've got customers complaining their billing hasn't been right in 2 years, but they decide to spend millions so they can crawl up MY butt with a microscope??? WTF - I'm not the one who's OBVIOUSLY not getting the job done. Invest that money and get some competent people in the billing/management department.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    Well that fits with my idea of a union - if you absolutely must create one then it should be extremely short lived. Accomplish your goal and disband instead of sucking the life out of everything you were trying to fix... I've got customers complaining their billing hasn't been right in 2 years, but they decide to spend millions so they can crawl up MY butt with a microscope??? WTF - I'm not the one who's OBVIOUSLY not getting the job done. Invest that money and get some competent people in the billing/management department.
    Ah, billing issues... the reason that @Remote is being pushed so heavily.

In all fairness, though, EVERY dealership has issues with it, and it's not all one sided.

More than a few customers are notoriously bad about submitting timely and accurate reads.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    Anyone else have a less than stellar day with their edge device today? (read: that stupid POS GPS SOB)