Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you replace Ozone Filters?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always replaced at a PM

23 50.00%
  • I blow them out at a PM

12 26.09%
  • I never touch them

5 10.87%
  • I throw them out

6 13.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ozone filters

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    We've been told all machines get new OF's at PM intervals. Your balls will be chewed off if you do not comply!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    it is a legal requirement that all ozone filters are replaced at the correct interval. The tech that was supposed to change out the filters is the legally responsible person, so if there are any law suits due to illness caused by ozone, it is the tech that gets sued and maybe inprisonment. as far as i know there was a tech in the uk that got sued and was fined over a thousand pounds for breaching health and safety laws.

So I change them at every pm.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock49 View Post
    as far as i know there was a tech in the uk that got sued and was fined over a thousand pounds for breaching health and safety laws.
    That son of a bitch probably tore the tags off of his mattress too!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ozone filters

Stand behind a Ricoh Pro C900 with the electronics box in service position (all the OF's are in the box) while its running, I dare you. These machines have a total of 12 charge wires and move more air around than a jet engine.

All those old toner stains will be bleached out of your shirt, your slacks will be white (so will your teeth), Your hair will turn grey - before it falls out that is, and your testicles will shrivel (female techs may substitute a body part of their choice here, although exposure to that much ozone may cause you to grow a set so they can be shriveled.)

On the plus side dry cleaning your lungs in this manner may cure emphysema, asthma, and freshens your breath.

Most machines I change them about every other PM, but the C900 is changed on time, every time.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    I always wondered if there was a hole in the ozone layer why they didn't just get some machines and load them on the Shuttle.
    Then open that big door...pull the ozone filters and run multiple copies of the U.S. budget. That should fill the hole.

How do you know when they are "full"? Sounds like trying to understand carbon credits.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

If they come in the PM box I change em....If not I blow/brush them out............honest govn'er

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    If they come in the PM box I change em....If not I blow/brush them out............honest govn'er
    dito. I remember a customer from years back on a high end minolta and they were complaining of headaches and feeling sick....... why, because the ozones had never been replaced. Thankfully the customer never knew what was causing it and my then service manager changed them. I learned from his mistake as the responsibilty for my work stops with me.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I change them if included in the pm or consumable item. Usually the black toner or image unit on the office machines.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I change it if it's in the PM kit. But with the color machines, where it's included in the black toner, 99% of customers just throw it away without knowing what it is, because reading instructions is hard.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ozone filters

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    ... How do you know when they are "full"? Sounds like trying to understand carbon credits.
    Just heft the filter in you hand. That ozone gets heavy. Be careful not to spill any on the floor.

But seriously, Unless you've brought your portable laboratory, I don't think that there's a definitive field test. Maybe just age? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=