Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you replace Ozone Filters?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always replaced at a PM

23 50.00%
  • I blow them out at a PM

12 26.09%
  • I never touch them

5 10.87%
  • I throw them out

6 13.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ozone filters

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Probably why I cannot find them for sale anymore....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotec View Post
    That ozone producing machine.. it didn't happen to be one of those electrostatic precipitators, or electrostatic air cleaners if you like. It's a particulate collection device that removes particles from air (or other flowing gases - in industry for example). It uses the force of an induced electrostatic charge. A byproduct is ozone gas. Electrostatic precipitators are highly efficient filtration devices that minimally impede the flow of gases through the device, and can easily remove fine particulate matter such as dust and smoke from the air stream.
    I thought they required an ozone filter itself, so it wouldn't pollute the air by itself..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ozone filters

I thought we were in trouble from not enough ozone, isn't there a problem with a hole in the ozone layer? What if we all removed the ozone filters for the next International Enviroment Day?
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Ground level ozone = bad... harmful to plantlife and people.
    Stratospheric ozone = good... absorbs biologically harmful ultraviolet radiation coming from the Sun (protects you from skin cancer and other nasty stuff).
    So removing the filters will not do the trick
    It it worked the copy machine owners should be able to apply for environmental refunds of some kind...Get money from people who buy climate quotes

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

OZONE FILTERS

Thanks INFIDEL and LOTEC for the wonderful explanation about the ozone filter, My recollection of HIGH SCHOOL CHEMISTRY is that OZONE is an ISOTOPE of OXYGEN,i.e. ionised oxygen with 3 ATOMS of oxygen instead of the NORMAL 2ATOM OXYGEN we know and LIVE ON., and that ozone "DOES NOT" support life. I have great admiration and respect for the scientists and design Engineers. I have no doubt in my mind that they have a very STRONG reason as to why they include a ozone filter in the copier, to get rid of the ozone. It is the responsibility of the technician to do the needful, educate m/c users & replace the filter when it is due. I have done it every time it is to be done. It is ETHICAL and just what it is supposed to be.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ozone filters

Quote Originally Posted by Lotec View Post
    Ground level ozone = bad... harmful to plantlife and people.
    Stratospheric ozone = good... absorbs biologically harmful ultraviolet radiation coming from the Sun (protects you from skin cancer and other nasty stuff).
    Thanks! I just found out a way to save the earth and make millions at the same time. Now if only I can find a supplier to sell me some 10km-long hoses and some hot-air balloons....
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!