Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knee problems??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    Just 57 years old. Getting up off the floor is a pain and if I drive more than about 30 miles, getting out of the car is a project. Can't run at all, can't remember anything and I need a nap. Too young to be this old.
    On second thought, I've got 4 great kids and 9 incredible grandkids who all love me (at least most of the time). So what if my knees hurt when I stand up, life is great!!!

engital
    Knee surgery, Back surgery & Hip Surgery and I feel great knowing that if some day I get hit by a bus that it will be less painful than doing a service a call.

Technician
    Pilsner Larger is what I take too. It gives one stiff joints but you do these things forgetting the pee time.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    OH MY GOSH ! If I had known I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself years ago.

59 Years old: in this biz since mid 70's: Liquid toner, mineo ink, duplicator fluid, Fedron, acrilic lacquer thinner, LIX and mineral spirits bath for frames, now toner. Sore knees, sore back, sore legs, and don't ask why the skin on my hands break open during the winter, and just merely dry all the rest of the year. ( haven't found a good cream for my hands yet )

And the young guys don't come in if they have a hang-over, or a tummy-ache.

Give me a break!
    HenryT2,

we even had a kid that worked here a while back that said OUT LOUD that if he didn't take a shower in the morning then he would just call in sick. The youth of today... our future is looking very scary, that is what's left of it after Hussein Obama gets done with it!!

I forgot... I've got a bad knee... had surgery on it almost 3 years ago, but it's back to pre-surgery shape. Oh well... guess it's just a part of life. Just smile and go on.
    Last edited by DWise; 11-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Now I know why, after 36 years in the business, my job from a school district was outsourced, I cant get another job, no one would believe I can do the job. I suffer from all of knee problems and getting up off of the floor. I need to lay on my back to replace feed rollers. It's tough getting old in this business, but it is better than trying to install carpet.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Knee problems??

In my mid 50's and almost 30 years in this job. Spent the first 10 years bending over until the lower back gave out then spent the next 20 years kneeling in front of these infernal beasts, however its my wife that is in hospital having a total knee replacement as I'm typing this.
    These days I sit on the floor, you get a better view of the girls legs!
    Unlike the kids of today I don't need drugs, getting up off the floor too quickly is enough to start the head spinning!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Knee problems??

46 years old and 22 years abusing my knees. About ten years ago I started sitting instead of kneeling whenever possible, and it has helped. A little popping and cracking when I get up off the floor, but no major pain unless my blood sugar is through the roof. When that happens the knees get very sensitive. Conclusion: getting old is not for sissies.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Knee problems??

I've been doing this (service) since 1965, luckily I've been the shop/ bench tech/ setup tech for the last two companies I've worked for; it has saved my knees and lower back. I still push the machines around the warehouse and showroom though; at 63 years old I'm feeling old but can keep up with the kids and can outsmart them most of the time. Like Blackcat and others have said kneeling down isn't the problem, it's getting back up that hurts and sounds like the 4th with all the fireworks.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    I started using a gardening sponge pad to kneel on, hard floors will do you in. My knees are a lot better and pants are lasting longer too.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

milliron
    I had my left knee replaced about two years ago. Bone to bone is no fun. I'm 63 and worked construction most of my life and the last 16 as a welder and mechanical tech. My surgeon told me to take a glucosimine and chondrolin supplement. he said it would help save the rest of my joints. I took his advice. I still don't get back up to easy but at least I'm not in constant pain.