Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Knee problems??

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Anybody ever kneel on a screw? Especially on a hard floor?

I think people heard me two counties away when I knelt on that sucker!
    oh, the pain.. have done it myself. i sit on the floor when i am going to "down there for a while", it hurts less getting up. i still have not gone to an electric screwdriver, it helps keep the hands a little more nimble.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Knee problems??

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    oh, the pain.. have done it myself. i sit on the floor when i am going to "down there for a while", it hurts less getting up. i still have not gone to an electric screwdriver, it helps keep the hands a little more nimble.
    In the workshop I wouldn't be without my electric srewdriver. They are provided by the company but their cheap ones so I bought my own.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Knee problems??

Regarding kneeling on a screw, I remember the last time that happened. I yelled & the secretary asked me what was wrong. I told her "I kneed a screw". After the pain subsided, I realized why she was looking at me so funny

WOETC
    Old and battered and bruised. Knee on the way out, but I can still kneel for ages (getting up is entertainment for the customers) The arthritis in the fingers and back is only an annoyance. And yes I use an electric screwdriver, wouldn't be without it, high speed and with multiple torque settings mean very few damaged screws. I get annoyed at people who use all their sick days on trivialites, had two weeks off (1 in hospital) after they told me the the pains I had had were as a result of a couple of minor heart attacks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Knee problems??

Still in 20s, only concern is replacing shoes because the tips are scuffed so bad from kneeling all day

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts copygirl's Avatar
    Want to welcome you to the club faxman. Had the right knee done twice and two disc in my neck removed. Still gettin along though. Don't carry a toolbox, I have a cart which is great. As far as the knees, I try to get a chair when I can. But when I can't, I try to find something to help pull myself back up. lol
    Ginger

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Knee problems??

Had to drag myself from behind my desk last week and go and sort some major dramas out on customers machines and don't the knees know it!
    The good news is its over 3 months since Mrs Lagonda had a total knee replacement and she is finally off the little white happy pills and back to her prefered choice of white wine for pain relief.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.