Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I doubt I would do anything of this nature. We used to have a customer who required this kind of hand holding, but that was around the time I joined the team, so I did not get subjected to the game...mostly because I was not qualified on the machine at that time. It was done on a rotation between 3 guys...they all hated it with a passion. No extra pay was offered. Quite frankly, I would refuse outright unless significant pay was offered...double time at the least, double mileage too. My down time is also precious...it should be treated that way.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts AyJayAreDii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    If your dealership has agreements with print shops, hospitals, or what have you for off-hours service, you can best believe that the customer is paying a premium for the convenience - either included in the price of the contract or as a per incident fee.
    If only this was that true. I'm not sure of the arrangement but they wont be paying that much (if any thing at all) due to the fact that this shop and our company are owned by the same people. special privileges is more accurate, and the manger in charge uses this to make us bend over backward. I do value my spear time and I am glad to offer my self for *planned* overtime. Not so willing to be rung up at 23:30 and asked silly or pointless questions. They are offering a payment per call but it is less about the money really.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Have you been on Call or telephone support?

So far we are lucky, my manager has shot down every request for 24 hour service/support. I hope it stays that way.

For me loosing my weekends in the summer is not acceptable. Up here summers are short and i try to get every thing i can out of it and that does not include baby sitting a cell phone.

If you do get forced into this you should be paid for it at least and then if you do have to do something hit the clock and be paid time and a half.
    The original owner of the company would rent to government for elections for a month and they wanted weekend service which they paid for. Most of that money was then given to the tech covering and if a call did come in he was paid time and a half and half.

Sales sold a bunch of cash registers into a club/bar and was hinting that i should be availaible incase one went down and to make it easy just keep a till programmed and ready at the office to do a quick swap. My answer was "thats not happening and if they need these things so badly maybe they should PURCAHSE a backup till that is programmed and ready to go that THEY can swap out". There was a look given
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...