Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up What is your Christmas story? Customer treats you good or is it business as usual.

I spend most of my service years in Miami, Florida where the customers are very nice.
    I get invited to help myself from their fridge, their coffee and at Christmas time I get invited to their parties. Good times with Xerox.
    Is it the same in your neck of the woods?

OMD-227
    That is how we get treated on a daily basis...... seriously.

Those that dont offer, often find me inside their fridge anyway!

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    So far this season, I've collected two $50 and one $25 tips from my customers for Christmas. One placed a fake jamming call just so I could get the tip. The self proclaimed "King of Customer Service" says " Keep them coming, dear customers".red_present_box_wrapped.jpg
    Kevin900

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Bah-Humbug! Business as usual, in fact even more frenetic. As the holidays approach folks are worried a machine will be down over the holidays and generally loose their @%*#%!& minds. It never used to be that way, I recall showing up to clients while an office party was underway and being offered to stick around for some goodies. Not so much in the last few years.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    I had one customer several years ago that always made sure I got a fruit basket or something for Christmas. She was the only one though. She was also the only person connected to my work that sent flowers when my wife died. Fine lady and a great customer.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    you would not know it is Christmas around here. Business as usual.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What is your Christmas story? Customer treats you good or is it business as usual.

Years back I had a customer/print shop that always placed an emergency service call on the Friday before Christmas. It was really my invitation to their annual wild game dinner. It was set up buffet style with each dish numbered. The only qualification was that I had to taste every dish, then vote on my three favorites and ranking.

Great people. Great food. It's one of my fondest memories. Six consecutive years. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    She was also the only person connected to my work that sent flowers when my wife died.
    Very sorry to hear that mate.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Bah-Humbug! Business as usual, in fact even more frenetic. As the holidays approach folks are worried a machine will be down over the holidays and generally loose their @%*#%!& minds. It never used to be that way, I recall showing up to clients while an office party was underway and being offered to stick around for some goodies. Not so much in the last few years.
    I totally agree.

Things always used to be festive in my customers offices around this time, but not recently.

I used to get fed at every call, and the customers were awesome.

To make things worse, we're always in an end of month /year crunch to get stuff installed, and it only gets more intense for December 31.

The past few years I've worked right up until 4:30 or so on both Christmas and New Years Eves, just so the salespeople could make their numbers.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I had one customer several years ago that always made sure I got a fruit basket or something for Christmas. She was the only one though. She was also the only person connected to my work that sent flowers when my wife died. Fine lady and a great customer.
    My prayers go with you, my friend.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins