Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar

"You're lucky you still have a job."

OK, I get it. The Recession, the lay-offs, the economy. I haven't gotten a raise since 2007. Neither has anyone else in my company. But things have really picked up. Yet every time I've asked about a raise, the answer has been " No money for raises yet." I'm no slacker; Employee of the year 2009. This after eliminating the Christmas, er sorry, Holiday Bonus, which I always considered part of my pay package, not a gift from above. Well you're bleeding talent, and I just joined the exodus. Got a new job today with the competition. My fellow technicians, if you are in the same boat I was in yesterday, it is definitely time to polish the resume, hit the bricks, and give notice to those employers who may have taken advantage of the situation, with an eye toward greed as well as survival to this now over recession. Thoughts ?
    Kevin900

OMD-227
    Well done Kev.

All the best in your new role mate. I hope you now earn what you are worth and can see a brighter future ahead.

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    Thanks wazza, I hate to leave my employer 15 years. I learned to love copiers and customers with these folks. But I guess we all have your tipping point. My company devolved from customer to bottom line oriented a little to drastically in the last few years. To the point of using inferior parts & supplies, to practically eliminating trunk stock. Customers wait now for days for every part. Off brand staples and toner reek havoc on the reliability of the copiers. Premature failure of non OEM parts. It's just sad to see the dealership I worked for go from BMW to Daewoo so quickly. No disrespect to Daewoo drivers out there.Yugo.jpg
    Kevin900

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I too am giving this some serious consideration. Like you, I've been given the line that the company is trying to survive and I observe on average some half dozen new machines out every week, sales of at least 10 Press C8000s nationally and more on the way, a huge sale to a provincial government on the east coast (can't seem to recall specifically which province...Cape Breton, Nova Scotia...)

And gas prices are on the rise again. As for recession, WHAT &^*^&*&^ RECESSION????? From a personal perspective, Canada barely felt a thing on the grand scale of things. Nothing like the rest of the world did. And I have to do without a *^&*% raise on top of that for going on 3 years now.

Yep, the pressure cooker is maxed out, the clock is tickin
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Good luck with the new position Kev. Sounds like you made the right call. I luckily work for a private company who still takes care of the employees who bust there but and help to turn a profit. Granted it might not be a bog profit compared to years past, but we are not losing any money!!!! My raises the past 3 years have been smaller than normal, but I am happy to getting one all the same.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Same exact thing happened to the company I used to work for. Customers would tell us all the time how much service has deteriorated since the new owners took over and they were right. Overnight us techs turned from valued employees to necessary evils. I'm so glad I got out of there...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

This happened at Ikon a few years back. Copy Technologies generic toner, Katun rollers, ... now they send out graveyard parts when you order new. I am definitely happy with my decision to leave. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This happened at Ikon a few years back. Copy Technologies generic toner, Katun rollers, ... now they send out graveyard parts when you order new. I am definitely happy with my decision to leave. =^..^=
    It must be the Ikon Business Model that is ruining the copier industry. When the dealership I used to work for went south it was because it was sold to two guys that used to be upper management at Ikon who formed their own Ikon clone company.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Looks like the gas price scare of a couple years ago will be back soon. That could really be the final nail in some of these dying companies.

BTW congrats on your new job! I hope the work environment pleases you as much as the pay.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Did I mention that all those suits from Xerox Canada now work for KM Canada? Xerox Canada was tanking for service support last I heard, virtually gutted the service in favour of these overpriced suits. I fear the same thing might happen to KM. I seriously hope not, but some things I have been noticing of late are giving me pause for concern.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.