Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    How often are you called on to attend meetings.

One place I used to work, the boss had meetings every monday and we had to be there by 8AM. It was a small company. The meetings were supposed to address problems and improve department communication. The boss never showed up until 10AM so we all had to wait for her to come in. Tech grievances and problems with other departments were largely ignored or excused as not being important. As a result, the techs would sit quiet and not contribute, because they felt it didn't matter. The boss would get upset because she felt they, "weren't taking it seriously", "showed a lack of interest in the company", and/or "lack of respect" for her. Needless to say an hour meeting would turn into 4 hours of hearing her complain, holler, and insult them. If anyone stood up for the techs, they were next on her hit list. (One accounting person quit and walked out because she was verbally attacked when she tried to stand up for one of the techs.) Then we couldn't get to work, because she would spend the next hour and a half after the meeting apologizing to each one personally. The very next week, she would do it all again. Oh,... and the end of each meeting she announced that we should try to be on time so we could finish the meeting and get calls done. Followed up by a complaint that too many people talked too much and that was why the meeting lasted so long (she was doing all the talking!) . We needed to "come prepared". Talk about psyco.

I'm so glad my bosses in this company are not that way. They work from an outline. It's only "as needed" and never takes more than 30 min.
    Last edited by prntrfxr; 01-12-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: grammar
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    How often are you called on to attend meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    One place I used to work, the boss had meetings every monday and we had to be there by 8AM. It was a small company. The meetings were supposed to address problems and improve department communication. The boss never showed up until 10AM so we all had to wait for her to come in. Tech grievances and problems with other departments were largely ignored or excused as not being important. As a result, the techs would sit quiet and not contribute, because they felt it didn't matter. The boss would get upset because she felt they, "weren't taking it seriously", "showed a lack of interest in the company", and/or "lack of respect" for her. Needless to say an hour meeting would turn into 4 hours of hearing her complain, holler, and insult them. If anyone stood up for the techs, they were next on her hit list. (One accounting person quit and walked out because she was verbally attacked when she tried to stand up for one of the techs.) Then we couldn't get to work, because she would spend the next hour and a half after the meeting apologizing to each one personally. The very next week, she would do it all again. Oh,... and the end of each meeting she announced that we should try to be on time so we could finish the meeting and get calls done. Followed up by a complaint that too many people talked too much and that was why the meeting lasted so long (she was doing all the talking!) . We needed to "come prepared". Talk about psyco.

I'm so glad my bosses in this company are not that way. They work from an outline. It's only "as needed" and never takes more than 30 min.
    I think I worked for that company, it sounds so familiar.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar
    Our last weekly meeting was over a year ago. But have had a few "as needed" meetings.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I think I worked for that company, it sounds so familiar.
    Ditto, man you have NO idea how close that is to where I used to work. It was AWESOME... not.
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post

Bipolar?
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    2 meetings in 11 years. Both times someone stole parts off a brand new machine and left it. It was actually just a 10 minute bitch session.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking