Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How often are you called on to attend meetings.

I hate meetings! We do meetings once a month, sometimes twice if the numbers are way off target, we get 24 hours notice and the meetings are mostly held around 8.30 in mornings. Meetings are always mandatory and requires a 70 mile trip to the Office and everyone must be there by 8.00 AM. On the bright side, there are always lots of food, all sweet.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Used to do monthly meetings, then went to conference calls with perhaps quarterly face to face meetings.

OMD-227
    I like meetings, as its a great chance for everyone to get together, quite often have some good food, and do some serious brain-storming on the weird issues faced in the field.
    Meetings are a good opportunity to see those other techs who you would sometimes rarely see.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    How often are you called on to attend meetings.

None whatsoever.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Maybe once a month, or every couple.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I used to work for a company where we had a meeting every morning. A couple of times they lasted so long we had to leave and then come back after lunch. Small small company, owner was nuts. Job was gravy if you could put up with the insanity. Then there was the time his dog peed on the secretary during the meeting. Fun times!
    I will not give you service manuals or firmware.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Same as you fall guy have to travel 70 kms (not sure in miles) once a month or when the figures are blowing out its a good chance to catch up with other techs you dont see very often but its sp busy these days theres just not enough time.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    You get FOOD?!

Sheesh...I'm lucky if the coffee urn has enough to fill the cup before I go in. We average about one a month, maybe more, if there is important stuff going on. I value these meetings as we can often pass on to other techs to share knowledge on issues seen in the field.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

We get service meetings regular as clock work....... 1 every 2 to 4 years, normally at the boss's golf club. It starts at about 8:30am we have about an hours meeting then a cooked breakfast and ends at about 11ish. Humm the last one was about 2years ago so any day now!!!!

OMD-227
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    You get FOOD?!

Sheesh...I'm lucky if the coffee urn has enough to fill the cup before I go in. We average about one a month, maybe more, if there is important stuff going on. I value these meetings as we can often pass on to other techs to share knowledge on issues seen in the field.
    Yeah, either a platter of Subway rolls, or a platter of breakfast burgers, like mcdonalds muffins. Well worth coming into the office for!