Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OMD-227
    Enough said.

I was thinking who were the QLD guys on here, and thought about Lagonda, Neomatrix & Wagon.
    Mate, that is alot of damage, and I truly feel for you.
    Everything we've seen on the news here has been heartbreaking and I seriously wish you well in the cleanup Phil.
    Hope your own place was OK.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Queensland Floods

Agreed. I hope you're all safe. Possessions can be replaced.

Once you're settled down, post back to tell us about your experiences. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

my condolences.

Can I trade you for snow?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    I'd like to thank the forum for all their concern and moral support. [17-1-11]

Yes we have had a our share of water damage. We had some Router, PC's and printer damage but most of that should be covered by insurance. The water has gone down so we can take our flippers off. We have been able to put our work boots back on and we have basically cleaned up most of the water damage at our general locale. Other people have not been so lucky...

We where not flooded with ground water we had the roof guttering overflow back into the workshop and main office. We had to rip up the carpets in my workshop office and half of the front counter and show room area. We have no carpets in these area's at the moment. I feel we will be waiting for carpet for a long while yet, as most of QLD. will be wanting carpet.
    I hinted to the boss to put tiles down instead.

Our personal concerns go out to those further down the Australian coast at Toowoomba and Brisbane. Those poor people had no real warning that a massive wall of water was on it's way. There where quite a few people who lost every thing.
    Our river system peaked just under our worse ever flood level of 1918. We didn't quite get to a new record worse-ever-flood-level.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Queensland Floods

Still shoveling out our warehouse, can't do much more until Energex reconect power to the suburb as we need to use Gurny/Kartcher pressure washers to blast the silt off everything. Then we have to wait for the OK from the loss assessors before we try to find tradies to replace all the plasterboard, carpet, air conditioners etc. Still havn't got a final tally but over a 100 machines took a one-way trip to the dump. They had to use a bobcat to load the mountain of soggy toner and cartridge boxes on to a tip truck. At least streaks of C,M&Y brightened up the brown sludge!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Queensland Floods

Is it me or does it seem that the weather is crazier than usual everywhere this year? I mean we have had colder than normal winter thus far in the southern portion of the USA. The north has had warmer but you'd never be able to tell that to my bro in Connecticut who has had 3 feet of snow in the matter of a couple of days. Even tornadoes after tornado season was over. Now we're hearing about crazy weather in other places. I can't remember the last time I even heard about weather in Australia, but you guys are getting soaked and we're seeing it on the news.

I hope everything settles down and gets back to normal for you folks soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    What happens when 1.5 metres of water goes through your warehouse!

There goes our entire stock of toner, about 50 trade-in copiers, about 15 new and refurbed copiers that were run up awaiting delivery and 5 brand new copies that hadn't even been taken out of their cartons yet. There was even a Ricoh MP7001 (about 20k worth) still in its box. Add to that all the finishers and LCTs and other odds and sods thats about a million bucks worth thats gone to landfill.
    All that servived were 4 small printers high up on a shelf.
    We spent Friday clearing out the copiers and the soggy mountain of cardboard so we could hose the mud out. On Monday we're going through the rack of spare parts bins, draining the water out of a squidgy mess and trying to read all the part numbers so we can come up with an inventory of what we've lost so we can put an claim in with the insurance company. Just hope the Boss paid the extra premium for flood insurance!
    Wow speechless when you see how bad it is.

Of course if you need any help with part number ID's you only have to post on here and we will all do our best to help im sure

Technician
    its unbelievable how bad you's guys had it up there, i even feel bad for the people who have lost homes in the Victorian floods

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Like Blackcat said. Very glad it was just stuff and that the people are ok. My best wishes to recover and come out of this ready for action and a brighter future!

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Queensland Floods

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    Like Blackcat said. Very glad it was just stuff and that the people are ok. !
    Unfortunately its not just stuff. Lots of people weren't so lucky, at least 2 of them have been children, Sad times for QLD and not looking much better for NSW at the moment.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison