View Poll Results: Are all Sales People arseholes?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 32.32%
  • No

18 18.18%
  • They can't help it, they're idiots

53 53.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are all sales people arseholes?

Kingpd,
    You are correct, the ImageSource 85 was also sold by Canon as the NP9850II and the 9850,
    was the Kodak EK2085.
    They also got the Kodak 2110 and 2120. They were the image
    source 110 and 120.
    These were a new build for Kodak and all the svc software
    was in a laptop, it was called DAD. Digital aided diagnostics.
    This new machine could print (300dpi) from a 5 1/4 or a 3 1/2" disc. It had an edit board. It could
    do spot color, by changing out one of five color dv stations.
    We could monitor the machine over the phone lines. It would place a call when connected to the
    phone line or send the tech a message saying it was close to target on certain parts.
    It did alot. Still it had weak spots. The feeder frame was all plastic, two of the springs had to be
    mounted on the inside of the feeder by melting the plastic with a soldering iron and placing the
    spring into it while still hot. Very clever. It seemed to work tho.
    The put conical rollers in the registration unit to drive the paper sideways in the path against a
    registration guide. This kept the margin of error to 1mm with the doc feeder for printers that
    liked to use the image overlay feature. Some would even do color separtion, and change dv units
    and lay down one color over another for a color copy.
    Never under estimate the creativity of the customer to use something in a way nobody would
    think of.

DR

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

"Are all Sales People arseholes?"

Nope, some are dickheads!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    "There is no turn around section. The image is put on both sides of the page at the same time."

There are Oce's and, by virtue of a prior business relationship, Konica's do that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I think the Kodak EK250 also did that. Neat trick, it would then be transported up a short ramp
    into the fuser without smearing the image.

DR

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    "Are all Sales People arseholes?"

Nope, some are dickheads!

Agree, a true professional can tell the difference.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    I was aware of the Oce doing single pass duplex, but not Konica. That machine was an MX-B401 by the way. Also another favorite of mine is ..."virtually jam free technology.." If that were true, we would all be out of a job.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

"virtually jam free technology.."
    Of course it is. If you don't turn it on, it won't jam - hence the "virtual" part of it.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    I was aware of the Oce doing single pass duplex, but not Konica. That machine was an MX-B401 by the way. Also another favorite of mine is ..."virtually jam free technology.." If that were true, we would all be out of a job.
    Prior to the Canon acquisition, Konica & Oce partnered up; Oce' rebadged the KM6501 and KM put their logo on the 6250.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    This thread is a great read. I was a technician for over 14 years. There was nowhere else up in the company for me to go so I moved into sales. There is definately a level of resentment towards salespeople. I believe alot of it has to do with jelousy and some of it has to do with the techs not understanding what goes into the salesperson's job. I've been on both sides and I definately felt the resentment when I was a tech and I feel it now from the techs. When I was a tech I had no idea how difficult the sales guy's jobs were and I resented that they were making two or three times what I was making for doing a job that I thought was simple.

In all my years as a tech I don't think I ever lost sleep over my job. In sales I lose sleep on a regular basis. Its a whole different gig with a thousand percent more pressure. The rewards can be great but there are plenty of days I wish I was an entry level tech making a secure check week in and week out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cccjjn View Post
    This thread is a great read. I was a technician for over 14 years. There was nowhere else up in the company for me to go so I moved into sales. There is definately a level of resentment towards salespeople. I believe alot of it has to do with jelousy and some of it has to do with the techs not understanding what goes into the salesperson's job. I've been on both sides and I definately felt the resentment when I was a tech and I feel it now from the techs. When I was a tech I had no idea how difficult the sales guy's jobs were and I resented that they were making two or three times what I was making for doing a job that I thought was simple.

In all my years as a tech I don't think I ever lost sleep over my job. In sales I lose sleep on a regular basis. Its a whole different gig with a thousand percent more pressure. The rewards can be great but there are plenty of days I wish I was an entry level tech making a secure check week in and week out.
    So, when you became a salesman did you all of a sudden become an asshole or were you kind of an asshole to begin with? I'm just messing with you...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.