View Poll Results: Are all Sales People arseholes?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 32.32%
  • No

18 18.18%
  • They can't help it, they're idiots

53 53.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Are all sales people arseholes?

I have no problem whatsoever about what my colleagues - salespeople, techs, administratives, bosses, whatever - get at the end of the month. That's my boss's problem and I couldn't care less.

I have trouble about the salesperson who do whatever it takes to make a sale - even if it is something as absurd as selling a fax machine to a customer who doesn't have a landline or a copier machine to where it doesn't fit (I've seen these both). Fortunately I'm lucky because - so far - my sales colleagues didn't do one of these yet.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

CharlieG

Re: Are all sales people arseholes?

Yes and No. The only thing worse than that is working at a "Family Operated Store". If your not in the family or in the inner circle your screwed. We are the service side but are told to do sales on machine as well as supplies and deliveries. Are sales guys are salary while the service are hourly, they come in from 9:00 to as late as 10:30, while we get bitched at for being late. I've seen someone sell a machine to a customer and over quote the bill just to get them to buy a new one, only to find out the customers original machine still had a service contract. The customer did find out and still haven't. The guy that did it walks around bragging about how good of a salesman he is, but when the owner of our company walks by the conversations stops until they go by then picks up again with swollen heads and laughter. I believe the relationship with the customer is a sacred one where honesty is expected on both sides. Example; if your machine is at the end of its useful life or not i'll honestly tell you. You don't did a money pit. If the repair is something that's required because you just used the tool(machine) in a way it's designed for(PM) repair it. If I have to call the manufacturer for tech support and they ask me what kind supplies? And there are remans inside. Do I lie? No I don't. You would not want me to lie to you so I don't lie to them.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
    Do I lie? No I don't. You would not want me to lie to you so I don't lie to them.
    Honesty is always the best course of action. I knew a salesperson that told so many lies, even he could not keep up with them: and then would act surprised when he got caught in the lie. Most companies now only care about the sales staff; the tech department is just something they have to put up with.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

sorry thought this thread was missing something

and yes MOST sales are assholes and not just men

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    Honesty is always the best course of action. I knew a salesperson that told so many lies, even he could not keep up with them: and then would act surprised when he got caught in the lie. Most companies now only care about the sales staff; the tech department is just something they have to put up with.

oh don't i know that feeling

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryT2 View Post
    the service department is the bread and butter of any company out there, including the big guys. the only thing the sales departments do is add a few lumps to the gravy every now and then. unfortunately sales people are a necessary evil in this or any service based business. I tell sales people that if I catch them in a lie to the customer, they will be informed immediately. I follow up on all sales and check in with the clients, you wouldn't believe how honest a sales person is when you tell them you are going to call them on it with the client. now I don't have to put up with the tired old saying; " The Sales Man Said.............."
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Are all sales people arseholes?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    "Are all Sales People arseholes?"

Nope, some are dickheads!
    We even have some that are crossbreeds

Salesman.jpg
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

DICK-HEAD.jpg

this is the sales man of the year winner!!!!!
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Senior Tech 100+ Posts coolbeer's Avatar

Assholes they maybe, but when they need leads, who do they turn to, the engineers who have the respect of the customers. Its great to get them buying the beer at the pub !!!

After all they are not the smartest guys on the planet or they would get a proper job

I spoke with a sales rep about ID 10 T sales personnel, what an eye opening conversation to the stupidity of sales people.
    here is the situation for a potential client.
    Client has a Kyocera Colour Copier, they note that the count for colour is very high and swears they don't print that much colour.
    The sales man fro the Kyocera dealer informed the client that the colour count was so high because they were using a Ricoh print driver to print to the Kyocera.
    go figure......................
    are we allowed to spay and neuter sales people yet??????????????????????????