View Poll Results: Are all Sales People arseholes?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 32.32%
  • No

18 18.18%
  • They can't help it, they're idiots

53 53.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Are all sales people arseholes?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I spoke with a sales rep about ID 10 T sales personnel, what an eye opening conversation to the stupidity of sales people.
    here is the situation for a potential client.
    Client has a Kyocera Colour Copier, they note that the count for colour is very high and swears they don't print that much colour.
    The sales man fro the Kyocera dealer informed the client that the colour count was so high because they were using a Ricoh print driver to print to the Kyocera.
    go figure......................
    are we allowed to spay and neuter sales people yet??????????????????????????
    sadly we can't yet......our current sales guy is top stuff having a tech background; mind you have come across a few with the ID 10 T chip installed.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The title of this thread is "Are all salesmen arseholes?"
    I beg to differ I believe there is some clitorits leading up to a total......... yeah.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

In the fullness of time, I've found that if I had to do copier sales I'd likely starve to death. Oh, well.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

After reading all the negatives about the sales people most deal with, I am really happy we don't have that issue. Our sales staff are trained on the different machines we sell and know how to do the customer training before they are allowed to go out and sell machines. We help on installs only when there are a lot of machines to deliver , if some networking needs to be done, or when finishers or other such stuff need to be attached after delivery. More often than not, we leave after all is done and the sales person trains.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Service Manager 250+ Posts

I do both, I sell and fix, being a small indie company.

I have met my share of salesman, been ripped off by some, this industry for some reason does attract certain individuals who's moral compass would not even get them to their car park.

Honesty and winning your clients confidence is the key to a successful business

V

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

We had a stereotype lying ass salesman working for us. he got fired when he got arrested for having stole one of the other salesman's checkbook and was cashing checks. He was up to about $6000 when they got him. Shortly before that, a lease company called a church he had sold a copier to, before funding the deal, only to be told by the church that they had never heard of us.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    We had a stereotype lying ass salesman working for us. he got fired when he got arrested for having stole one of the other salesman's checkbook and was cashing checks. He was up to about $6000 when they got him. Shortly before that, a lease company called a church he had sold a copier to, before funding the deal, only to be told by the church that they had never heard of us.
    All the sales people at my old company were lazy-asswipes! I would help install and they would run out once they got the check or signature. They would leave me to dance around all the phony promises they made. Two of my favorites: I get dispatched that a new (analog machine) was not sorting. I get there and the machine does not have a sorter attached. I go outside and call the salesman and he tells me he goofed on the pricing and had to deliver without the sorter to make a profit! I walked back in and said please call your salesman I'm as confused as you are.

Second: Customer complained about a slow color machine and the salesman had me dispatched. When I arrived the customer said do you have the part that will make this thing faster like the salesman promised?

Techs make the best sales people because they will see the customer regularly and value their reputation more than the once every four years sales guy.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

as dificult to admit but assholes are needed
    i mean sales people.

If you ever wonder why some customers stay with a particular business, even though the salesmen/women are greedy a$$holes; the answer is that there must be worse sales people than them.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Are all sales people arseholes?

I'm sure it was mentioned with this many replies. They remind me of car salesmen. Same type of person.

But..... for those of you who work for companies you have to keep in mind you wouldn't have a job without them.