Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    A few years back I had a customer claiming constant jamming. I went out machine ran perfect. Day 2 same thing so I filled and emptied all trays. Couple days went by the mystery jam is back I go out machine runs fine for me again. By this time I've run over 5,000 test copies on the machine. A few more days go by and the problem comes back. This time the owner is demanding a new machine so I meet him first thiing in the morning at the office. When I arrived the machine was showing a jam when me and the owner walked over to the machine. That is when I noticed the 8:30 am sun was coming thru the office's front window and hitting the machine strait on at a low angle. I closed the blind and the jam went away. I opened the blind and the jam came back. Problem solved. By 8:45 the sun had moved enough that it was no longer hitting the machine and by 9:00 the sun was nowhere near the machine. Go figure.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Test Copies... What is your personal best.

Quote Originally Posted by cccjjn View Post
    A few years back I had a customer claiming constant jamming. I went out machine ran perfect. Day 2 same thing so I filled and emptied all trays. Couple days went by the mystery jam is back I go out machine runs fine for me again. By this time I've run over 5,000 test copies on the machine. A few more days go by and the problem comes back. This time the owner is demanding a new machine so I meet him first thiing in the morning at the office. When I arrived the machine was showing a jam when me and the owner walked over to the machine. That is when I noticed the 8:30 am sun was coming thru the office's front window and hitting the machine strait on at a low angle. I closed the blind and the jam went away. I opened the blind and the jam came back. Problem solved. By 8:45 the sun had moved enough that it was no longer hitting the machine and by 9:00 the sun was nowhere near the machine. Go figure.
    I've seen that with Canon & Sharp document feeders. When the sun hits just the right angle, suddenly the wrong paper size is detected, or the last page always jams. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I do pretty much what the rest of you do.

What annoys me is the bitching and complaining I get if I use a couple thousand sheets "to prove" it is not the machine.

Most of the time I had noted, the problem is usually user introduced as some here say. The most common is in the large capacity drawers where several reams can be stacked. Usually the top few and bottom few pages are messed up from careless loading. The majority of these, a half dozen sheets pushed towards the feed mechanism so that when the stack reaches the feed unit within a hundred pages of those offset pages, the feeder can no longer properly feed paper through.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've seen that with Canon & Sharp document feeders. When the sun hits just the right angle, suddenly the wrong paper size is detected, or the last page always jams. =^..^=

But the sun is supposed to be our friend. Why would a friend mess with us like this?
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Yes, the sun is our indeed our friend, by "messing us like this", it is actually warning us not to expose the machine to its direct path. The manufacturers themselves always tells us not to install the machines in an area directly exposed to the sunlight. the reasons are simple enough:
    The sun itself is the largest natural source of ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY known to man. SECONDLY, The photocopying machines have in them numerous PHOTO-INTERRUPTORS (sensors), photocells, etc all whose functions are all based on the actions of electromagnetic energies. Although these EM energies are internally generated ( artificially), by the machines (& controlled) they have exactly the same property (characteristics) as produced by the sun in nature. Therefore direct exposure of these equipment to the sun's rays affects the operations of the photosensitive components in the copiers.
    Remember that, we are really dealing with MATTER & ENERGY which, on their own, exists freely in nature. In designing the physical systems (or machines), the Engineers simply do MODELING, which really is a Mathematical ( CALCULUS) description of the physical system, Obtained ,by Application of the appropriate LAWS OF NATURE! for example "Energy is neither created nor destroyed....". Therefore, 'our friend' the sun by causing our machines to' paper jam', is simply telling us to move it away from its path, in accordance with the natural laws of existing in 'Harmony' with one another.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Yes, the sun is our indeed our friend, by "messing us like this", it is actually warning us not to expose the machine to its direct path. The manufacturers themselves always tells us not to install the machines in an area directly exposed to the sunlight. the reasons are simple enough:
    The sun itself is the largest natural source of ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY known to man. SECONDLY, The photocopying machines have in them numerous PHOTO-INTERRUPTORS (sensors), photocells, etc all whose functions are all based on the actions of electromagnetic energies. Although these EM energies are internally generated ( artificially), by the machines (& controlled) they have exactly the same property (characteristics) as produced by the sun in nature. Therefore direct exposure of these equipment to the sun's rays affects the operations of the photosensitive components in the copiers.
    Remember that, we are really dealing with MATTER & ENERGY which, on their own, exists freely in nature. In designing the physical systems (or machines), the Engineers simply do MODELING, which really is a Mathematical ( CALCULUS) description of the physical system, Obtained ,by Application of the appropriate LAWS OF NATURE! for example "Energy is neither created nor destroyed....". Therefore, 'our friend' the sun by causing our machines to' paper jam', is simply telling us to move it away from its path, in accordance with the natural laws of existing in 'Harmony' with one another.
    That's deep.

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I had a client that would let it run down and put one bloody ream in at a time, resulting in jamming because the end users were always in a hurry 'cause they had to stop for 20 seconds to put paper in it.
    I have a school in a indian reserve with a ARM550. There is always a shit load of jams on this puppy but 90% of them come from tray 1 or just after tray 1. Problem is, they don't load the LCC up with 2k sheets. The machine is always empty. The teacher comes in with 100-200 sheets of paper that they have clutched in their hand as they walk down the hall, open the LCC and toss it in. Jam jam jam jam. That LCC is ment to be opened once every 2000 pages, not have 100 pages thrown in, run 100 pages then take the paper out and leave. 3.2 million later and it's getting pretty fracked.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Uh.....

I was being facetious.
    ---Groucho Marx

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    I have a school in a indian reserve with a ARM550. There is always a shit load of jams on this puppy but 90% of them come from tray 1 or just after tray 1. Problem is, they don't load the LCC up with 2k sheets. The machine is always empty. The teacher comes in with 100-200 sheets of paper that they have clutched in their hand as they walk down the hall, open the LCC and toss it in. Jam jam jam jam. That LCC is ment to be opened once every 2000 pages, not have 100 pages thrown in, run 100 pages then take the paper out and leave. 3.2 million later and it's getting pretty fracked.
    A lot of schools do this. I've had to insist that if they're going to make the teachers bring their own paper for every copy, it must be fed through the bypass. The trays just get slammed to death by 20 copies, open drawer, close drawer, open drawer, insert 50 sheets, make 20 copies, open drawer, close drawer, open drawer, ...
    It's not that hard to load 100 pages twice into the bypass to make 200 copies. Few teachers make that many consecutively. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    A lot of schools do this. I've had to insist that if they're going to make the teachers bring their own paper for every copy, it must be fed through the bypass. The trays just get slammed to death by 20 copies, open drawer, close drawer, open drawer, insert 50 sheets, make 20 copies, open drawer, close drawer, open drawer, ...
    It's not that hard to load 100 pages twice into the bypass to make 200 copies. Few teachers make that many consecutively. =^..^=
    Good idea! One problem is the dummys won't have a dedicated tray for transparencys any more. We used to drive 4 hours round trip at least once a month for melted shit in the fuser. After we put a big fucking sign up saying use the bypass and set it only for transparency and told nobody to touch it that problem went away.

The people who work at this place probably don't work there because they love working in native reserves but it's the best they could get!
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...