Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    Do you ever mess with anoying customers?

Yes, whenever possible
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    One customer is in a former crab shack, 100' from the docks, next to 1.5 trillion gallons of water and still refuses to believe they have a moisture issue.
    I've just had a Russian come on our patch again at a sports centre, it sits in a corridor 15 feet away from a swimming pool. High temperature and humidity. Ops panel barely works. Contacts in fuser a nice tinge of green. Customer's response:

"It didn't bother the old one".

Fuck off.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Messing with the customer's machine by intentionally ' changing the language to Japanese' or whatever? You could as well have CURSED them aloud!!!!!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Ha Ha HA, I can tell that you would be offended if you had to spend a day riding with me. Between this and the other thread, you must think I am a complete ass. If you did spend a day with me, and you would be welcome to, you would be surprised by how well I am like by the vast majority of my customers. I am sure that you hit the nail on the head when you stated in the other thread about how bad language would not be well received in your city., well it is really not here either, but some cultures may be more sensitive than others. A Russian lady I know says that being nice is considered a sign of weakness in her country. Despite what you may think, I do not go through my day yelling and cussing at everyone, I am actually kind of quiet.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    It is actually nice to learn about your other side of life that u r actually a quiet person and liked by your customer. It is indeed very good to learn that you render your services in a SPIRIT OF HARMONY. Despite the 'cursing'. That is being professional.
    I have actually been enjoying all your posts.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I don't like to admit it but I have joshed with a gullible customer or two.

A young lady once told me that she didn't like to fax the original, so she would always make a copy of the original first, then send the copy. I told her that her fax machine took that original and rolled it up really really tightly, and pushed it out, down the fax line to the receiving machine, which would carefully unroll that piece of paper. She said "See! That's why I make copies first!"

On one occasion the customer told me that the machine wouldn't work. I pointed out that the toner light was on ... then asked if they had been paying the power company to provide toner (through that pipe from the wall). The customer gave me a querulous look, but didn't ask any more questions. I had to tell him I was kidding. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    We used to have a girl work for us that did the fax thing. One time I remember telling a young man that as soon as I reviewed the pictures, I would know who broke the copier. "Huh" he replied. I then told him all digital machines had a camera in the screen and took your picture when you push start. The next time I walked by the office I saw people pressing the start button while turning their head and looking the other way.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

General Manager 50+ Posts copyruss's Avatar
    When I had customers that were just being asses, right before I left I would soak a shop towel in Fedron (us oldtimers remember that stench well) and deposit it in the trash nearest the offender. I'm sure today Homeland Security or the EPA would be called, the building would be evacuated and I would land in jail for being a domestic threat. That stuff smelled like hate and would give you a major headache. Ahhh, the memories....

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    I posted a note above all the copiers I visited last April Fools Day. It stated that the copiers were now voice activated. Deposit originals in doc feeder, state your name, how many copies you want, stapled, then GO ! If it didn't take, start again, only say the directions louder. Got a few calls to the office during the next few days saying their voice activation did not work properly, and why weren't they properly trained on this new feature. The service manager was not pleased, but the big boss loved it.
    Kevin900

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

we had a large government account that we took care of back about 7 years ago and they were testing some new equipment from us and a few other vendors two of which I knew how to work on because we serviced those models as well. I kindly went over to them when no one was looking and turned on all the department and administer ID modes then kindly went in changed the language of the devices to korean and german. Needless to say those companies didn't win in the bid process

also had a customer walk up to me while working on a machine at a kinkos a few years back and asked me if these machines copied in spanish...being the smart ass I can be at sometimes during the day I politely told her that those machines are not sold in the US and that she might have a difficult time finding one that did. She had this look on her face of what should I do now...I really need to get this copied. So I took her down to the counter and talked to the guy who was the manager and explained it to him. He got this huge grin on his face and tells her that he just got a machine in last month that is capable of doing this and she was in luck. We still get a kick out of that gal. And yes she was a blonde!!!!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.