Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Do you ever mess with anoying customers?

On the Konica Minolta products, I memorized the path to change language. When people would get on my nerves, I would leave the screen in Japanese. When they would call about it, I tell them it must of been a power surge or something.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Do you ever mess with anoying customers?

I usually tell them there's moisture on the paper - that usually gets to their nerves.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

E Winter
    yeah I like these paper discussions as well

"But it is the same paper we have always used, Why is it bad now?
    As this was being said, another woman steps up with the damaged box and torn wrappers the paper was delivered in.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

I had a customer who had a machine that was supposed to run 15,000 a month and they would run about 1 to 2 thousand. The building was built in 1919 and was very humid in summer. The call came for jamming. I show up with a ream of my paper. I show the operator that every sheet of his paper jams at fuser. I put mine in, no jam. I put his back in, it jams every page. I put mine in, it runs. I put his paper back in, it jams every page. I explain about cheap paper they use, humidity, and paper curl. Problem solved.
    They call back next month for jamming. They are still using same paper. They say to the other tech that shows up, "The other guy said it was the paper but I don't believe him"

The total meter on this Di470 when we pulled it after 7 years was 48,000 copies. The idiots having the problem were part of the command of the military.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    The good ones are the churches who I believe the industry needs to build whole lines just for them.

"Yes ma'm you can run particle board throguh the bypass on this machine!"
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Love the paper issues. The copies come out so curled; the pages look like soup bowls. We had a school system last year, they would leave the paper unwrapped on the window sill and call about jams. Not to mention them trying to run custom cut construction paper. It does make for some colorful paper dust though...lol.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    One customer is in a former crab shack, 100' from the docks, next to 1.5 trillion gallons of water and still refuses to believe they have a moisture issue.

jomu
    When a customer starts messing with me,I take out one of the filters and tell them"This is what your lungs look like"-it usually shuts them up

Kronic Copier Ninja 100+ Posts kronical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jomu View Post
    When a customer starts messing with me,I take out one of the filters and tell them"This is what your lungs look like"-it usually shuts them up
    HA HA that is priceless...