Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Do you curse when working? (Warning: Could be baaaad words inside!)

[QUOTE=fixthecopier;194743]The sad thing is that my customers are Special Forces. They are the cream of the crop. QUOTE]

Your starting to get me worried, fixthecopier, I hope none of these guys have access to a nuclear trigger!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Honestly speaking, the type of "BAD LANGUAGE" you people use there in that part of the world is totally unheard of in this corner of the globe where i live except may be among the city riff-rafts, lump ens or thugs. ( No offense intended). We are raised up from childhood with very strict moral values such that ,to hear a word like 'F**k you' in this part of the world uttered from your mouth, would make you liable to be EXCOMMUNICATED from the society!
    The only best word u may use even if a machine u r working on chops off your fingers is JESUS!!!!!! or Oooh MY GOD, I have hurt myself!!! Any other word used other than these is assumed to be coming from the devil. In any case the customer would politely request you to leave her premises and not comeback again!

Is your location correct as Kampala City. Based on news of that part of the world, I would think bad language would be the least of bad things that could happen. Am I wrong? If words hurt that much, you folks would have died if you ever walked into the steel plant I used to work at. Ex soilders, bikers and rednecks. The "F" word getting used 500 times a day.

I am referring to the part of the world you live in , not your country or city , which I guess has changed a lot from the 80's. Words only have the power people give them.
    Last edited by fixthecopier; 01-28-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Lagonda;195254]
    Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    The sad thing is that my customers are Special Forces. They are the cream of the crop. QUOTE]

Your starting to get me worried, fixthecopier, I hope none of these guys have access to a nuclear trigger!

No nukes here, but the Special Warfare School has one badass weapons facility. A 14 million dollar building with every kind of small arms and assault weapon you have ever seen. At one range I had to move a pile of assault rifels off the front of a machine so I could get a meter read. At another site I was talking to a soldier while he was working on a rather large 50 cal machine gun. I was going to get a pic of him holding it on me demanding I fix the copier, but had no camera that day.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

I was going to get a pic of him holding it on me demanding I fix the copier, but had no camera that day.
    That would be a prize-winning one!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=fixthecopier;195377]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post

No nukes here, but the Special Warfare School has one badass weapons facility. A 14 million dollar building with every kind of small arms and assault weapon you have ever seen. At one range I had to move a pile of assault rifels off the front of a machine so I could get a meter read. At another site I was talking to a soldier while he was working on a rather large 50 cal machine gun. I was going to get a pic of him holding it on me demanding I fix the copier, but had no camera that day.
    They can use as masters all those weapons at a perfection, men and killing machine running as a Swiss clock, but the can' ever press the star button in a copier and don't make a big mess and broke it at perfection!!!!!!!!!

Service Manager 100+ Posts

[QUOTE=fixthecopier;195377]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post

They expent hundreds of million of dollars in buldings, weapons and gadgets, but they comply for a bottle of tonner few dollar cost!!!!!!
    That the reason the technician course to the machines.

The sad thing is that my customers are Special Forces. They are the cream of the crop. They will tell you that they are trained to kill and not to run office equipment. From the stories I have overheard they are very good at what they are trained to do.

One of my customers unit motto is "We do bad things to bad people, Cause some people just need killing"

My first call this morning will be with one of their combat companies. They called yesterday and said they ran something sticky like labels through the machine and now it jams. I just could not deal with it yesterday.

Did I fail to mention the one where I am downtown and I am having an awful day and one of them calls me and says "we only needed one overhead transparency so someone said we could use one of those plastic page protectors out of a binder, and well it melted in the machine" I actually told him I was going to go home and get my gun and shoot his stupid ass when I got there. Of course it was an idle threat, but when I got there he had picked all of the plastic out already. This guy was an instructor or teacher.
    LOL love it! such a classic

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    You could tell them instead of fucking up the copier they could be out killing all the camel humpers that need to be killed!
    amen to that

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    The only problem with the stories which get out of this part of the world is that they are compiled and written by Journalists from the 'WEST'---meaning from America or Europe, who usually spice it with their own SENSATIONS inorder to attract the " western" audience & entice them to buy the news. IT is BIG Business for them and their firms. They concentrate their articles on war related stories,hunger, epidemics, famine ,diseases etc, but rarely on development issues taking place in this part of the world, like infrastructure developments.
    But as u have said, working in those steel plants or army facilities in your country where the use of the word 'F' is as common as 'Good morning, sir' would require one to have some ' GUTS' to get used to it. Needles to say there are many of our citizens who live and work in your country (I assume it to be the USA), yet when they come 'HOME' for their annual leave or visit, still we rarely hear those "WORDS" from their mouth.

Copier Ninja 100+ Posts KEVIN900's Avatar
    I think excessive cursing, especially on the job, is a symptom of poor vocabulary skills. Or lack of self control. Cursing with your buddies, drinking beer and watching the game is one thing, but cursing on the job is quite different. May I recommend substituting other words for curse words. "blueberries", and "dang" work for me. It just requires a little practice. Ranting to a customer, no matter the reason, just reflects poorly on you and your profession. Try teaching the customer, or in the case of idiots dumping crap in the toner hopper, try being proactive. Any customer of mine that can't handle installing toner, I tell them to just place a "jam" call, and I'll gladly replace the toner for them. Also check every customer's toner inventory while you're there. If a customer runs out of toner shortly after a visit from me, then I just had a fail. Just saying.
    Kevin900