Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Do you curse when working? (Warning: Could be baaaad words inside!)

Does your typical customer get bothered when you curse at work?

Of course I assume the regular tech refrains from using that kind of language, but I bet each and every one of you reading this didn't stop from cursing when getting that jolt of 110v/220v of electricity or when banging the knee caps against an open paper drawer.

I apologized when getting shocked from a connected machine (yeah, I know, unplug it first, asshole!) and saying "FUCK!" out loud, but the customer chuckled and said "Yeah, I understand you!"

Just curious.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I am careful everywhere I go, but when I am in a building with all male soldiers I can let it rip. I have been known to look at a group of young soldiers as ask "What the fuck is wrong with you asswipes. Ase you this goddamn stupid all the time or just today. Why the fuck don't you pull your head out of your ass once in a while and think with it or do you have shit for brains?" I am pretty sure that statement was made after finding out the machine was eating drums because they had cut open a water filter{looked like a toner bottle} , and poured the ground charcoal in the toner bottle.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

just one copy?? 500+ Posts

In short, fuckin' oath.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I didn't actually hear the sound I made, but from the description told to me, I imagine it was more like a yowl.

I was at the backside of a Mita DC-2585. The customer had complained of a squealing noise, and I was pretty sure it was the greaseable registration clutch. If you'd worked on machines with greaseable clutches, you'd know that you can feel the vibration through the end of the rotating shaft.

So here I am, pressing my right index finger onto various shafts while the motor is running. Over my shoulder I hear "Excuse me ... ?"
    I turn my head to see what it's about, ... and that's where my memory of events momentarily blanks out. Then I notice the loud gear noise, before the machine pulls a motor drive error.

Then I notice the pain shooting through my hand, and I see my index finger wedged neatly between the cast iron registration clutch hub and the adjoining gear. Ok, not so neatly. The blood is shooting all over the place, and most of the flesh is off the first joint of my finger.

Next the hard part. I'm not left handed, and my right hand was .. occupied. How to retrieve my finger ... ? Ah! Pull! Ouch! Maybe pull harder ... OUCH! Damn, that hurt. One more time (Oh, this is going to hurt) ... OOOUUUCCHHHH!!

I came free, landing on my ass on the floor. The blood is really flowing now. I wrap it up with the not-so-clean rag in my hand. Then I notice all the people looking at me.

A wave of faintness washes over me. "Can someone help me with this?" as I hold up the blood saturated towelled hand. Then the exedous. Everybody heads towards an exit. Only one young lady has a strong enough stomach to wrap up my finger. It's really ugly. Right down to the bone. No flesh on the fingertip at all.

I have a vague memory of putting the back cover back on. It took me 6 weeks to grow that finger back, and a lot longer for the fingernail to return. I didn't go the hospital. After all, there wasn't really anything to stitch up. I just cleaned it every day. Did you know the first whole first joint of your finger will grow back?

I went back a few weeks later to fix that squeak. It looked as if I had been sacrificing small animals in the back of the machine. The blood didn't silence the clutch one bit. Curse? I don't think so. Scream? Sure. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I try to contain myself around most customers. If I hurt myself, I might let out an involuntary one or two words or if I am getting frustrated with a problem that just will not go away.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 100+ Posts

T try just think and speak in my mind. Doing curse in work only put your Tech Power DOWN. My customers will think that I don't have any idea of what I'm doing if I let everybody know my frustrations and emotions. When the frustrations goes out of my mouth, intermediately you will have your of customer looking inside your work space area, thinking that we don't have any idea of what happen in the machines. But sometimes, uffff, just take a break and think a little. Drink a cup of coffee and try to relax.

Well, yesterday I just threw my mobile phone against the wall - darn thing's sturdy, that's a fact.
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Well, yesterday I just threw my mobile phone against the wall - darn thing's sturdy, that's a fact.
    WOW men, it's true, Techs pass true very bad days, Why you do that?

1) Customers itself
    2) Difficult Machines
    3) Wrong Parts
    4) Etc.

Some times drive us crazy. You look like a Master thech, with that qty, of post and that Reparation power.
    Teach us the jr. techs that the good application of knowledge and patience will give us better results.

have a nice day mrwho.

Nope, I've been doing this only for about 10 years - there are far more experienced techs here than myself.

The only good explanation is that I spend too much time online, that's why!
    Mascan42

Ibid

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Yes, I have said bad words to copiers. Hopefully not heard by the customers.