Voters
850. You may not vote on this poll
  • Service provider.

794 93.41%
  • End user.

56 6.59%
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    brotherman27
    I'm the guy that has the machine tore apart with a screw driver in my hand... Then the end user comes up and says : "CAN I MAKE A COPY"
    UM... lets see... what do u think????

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Are you a technician?

This job is so easy, Even the Maytag guy thinks he can do it!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jeffreyozz's Avatar
    End users consider me a tech unless I am trying to find the mouse that only squeaks when I am no where near the building lol

I use to think I was a tech after 25+ years, 6 in business for myself and 19 working for a public school district buying, rebuilding and servicing copiers, typewriters, calculators, duplicators, overhead projectors, printers, vcr's etc. But after the last few changes in administrators I find that I really don't know much, must be my lack of a degree in education. Sees that according to the Xerox salesman that you can't buy copiers (government contract) half of retail, buy parts and supplies wholesale of on bid and maintain these boxes in-house as cheap as Xerox can lease them to the district, even though 15 years in house records on each copiers prove we can do it 40% less than the lease says and we aren't limited to the amount of copies. Oh well, serves me right for not getting my degree in education so I can be an administrator with a 115,000 + salary, car allowance, country club membership and other perks. Well, just 2 more years until retirement unless I drop dead first, then it will probably be my luck I'll be working for eternity on obsolete copiers with a rusty pair of pliers and a flat blade screwdriver.

Technician

29 yrs of service torture on ALL makes/models of the Good, Bad and Ugly!

And they ask WHY I drink?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Are you a technician?

Talking

I used to be in the shit business. I was a plumber for 27 years, have master plumber licenses in Pa. and Fla. Bought my first computer in 1986, the good old C-64. Got into computer repair, then printer repair. While I was working for HP I started collecting manuals both in hard copy and electronic format. My wife works from home (she's a programmer) I got jealous so I developed my home based business selling manuals online. Now we're both home all day, although I try to get out of the house for an hour or 2 at least every other day. Got a new car in Feb. '06. Just turned 6,000 miles on it. Needed it like a hole in the head. (Got one of those too, I got hit in the head with a sledgehammer in 1979. Got 40 microstitchs just above my left eye.)
    What a country!

Chronus102
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherman27 View Post
    I'm the guy that has the machine tore apart with a screw driver in my hand... Then the end user comes up and says : "CAN I MAKE A COPY"
    UM... lets see... what do u think????
    ahh, the memories, i'm a "retired" tech because the first copier company that hired me screwed me after i got their company server up and running to their specifications...*sigh*

Technician
    I voted end user, But I'm kind of inbetween.
    I've taken these things apart a few times to install new options like ram, hard drives, and punch units. Also maintain less advanced things like toner and Fusers.

But beyond that I leave it up to the real service guys.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Are you a technician?

Technician and ...........

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Are you a technician?

I used to know everything....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I use to think I was a tech after 25+ years, 6 in business for myself and 19 working for a public school district buying, rebuilding and servicing copiers, typewriters, calculators, duplicators, overhead projectors, printers, vcr's etc. But after the last few changes in administrators I find that I really don't know much, must be my lack of a degree in education. Sees that according to the Xerox salesman that you can't buy copiers (government contract) half of retail, buy parts and supplies wholesale of on bid and maintain these boxes in-house as cheap as Xerox can lease them to the district, even though 15 years in house records on each copiers prove we can do it 40% less than the lease says and we aren't limited to the amount of copies. Oh well, serves me right for not getting my degree in education so I can be an administrator with a 115,000 + salary, car allowance, country club membership and other perks. Well, just 2 more years until retirement unless I drop dead first, then it will probably be my luck I'll be working for eternity on obsolete copiers with a rusty pair of pliers and a flat blade screwdriver.
    It's funny. The longer I do this the less I know........

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here