Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    copyENDUSERnet.com

copyENDUSERnet.com

Lotsa end users kicking around this forum at the moment it seems. Some of you should link a paypal account for all the trouble ya go to for them.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Administrator 500+ Posts Aneurysm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    ...you should link a paypal account for all the trouble ya go to for them.
    I do have a great "Donate" plugin for the site but I don't want to seem like we are begging. We could use the extra cash to keep the place going.
    --
    Snap, Crackle, Aneurysm!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    I'd say set if off and see what happens. The amount of end users that have gotten help due to this site, saving them hundreds of pounds / dollars / whatever, it would probably pay for this site for the next ten years!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Mmkay, should techs be charged as well? After all, the forums here help further their/our careers and net them/us more cash as well.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Yeah, didn't think of it like that.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    copyENDUSERnet.com

It would be difficult to determine who was a tech and who wasn't without them submitting some sort of printed diploma from the manufacturers. Not sure administrators want to go through that headache everyone signs up.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    I would think at least there should be separation between the 'system foums' and the technical forums. OR that techs should not answer the end users in the 'site feedback/newbie check-in' area- make them come inside and work a bit........?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Let's do pre-req tests for admittance to the super secret forums, kinda like manufacturers do to get into class.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    copyENDUSERnet.com

How about one area for non-techs and the rest for us? If we want to help them we can, if we don't want to we don't. We can tell them when to get a tech and when they can do it themselves. Plus, their posts don't clog up our forums.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Didn't we have a similar thread like this one sometime back? There was suggestions that a membership fee be introduced, one of the intentions was eliminate some " persona non grata" from this forum and get more resources introduced by the site owners/Admin.
    After a thorough debate by the members, I think the 'motion' was defeated and thrown out. May be this one is different. BUT "Wherever MEAT is slaughtered, FLIES will always gather!"