Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Thanks mrwho, you always have a sentence or two in your posts to make me laugh my 'silly' head off! Like this one " Hell, I love money....".
    Having said that, let us agree to disagree on this one: "....and the two mix as well as oil and water. A sincere tech is a lousy salesman". This I believe is totally untrue and unfortunate statement. Many techs are actually Multi-talented, possessing both technical and superior sales skills, although many prefer to remain in their tech work or are not given the opportunity to exercise their sales skills.
    IT is very much easier for an experienced tech, who is also 'blessed' with both written and verbal communications skills, to sell machines than an 'ordinary' sales person. The reason is simple. An experienced tech knows the machine " in & out" as opposed to the 'mere' salesman.
    I worked for a CANON dealership in my country for 15 years ( They, having "poached" me from NASHUATEC-Gestetner/mita), and I remember how, during the" peak sales" seasons, my boss would recall from the field for days to come and be part of the sales team. My experience is that most customers prefer to buy machines through a tech than ordinary sales peolple, they ussually have a feeling & assurance that since the techs know more about the functions & technical operations of the machines, they are more truthful than the ordinary salesman. I accumulated so much experience in sales that when I eventually decided to move out on my own, I had all the bravery & confidence.
    It is this RARE COMBINATION OF TALENTS that " fixthecopier's" employer has identified in him and wants to put it into practical use for the benefits of all involved.
    MrWho
    I also respectfully disagree with the statement "A sincere tech is a lousy salesman". In my company we have no sale staff.
    The techs will notice the customer's needs and try to meet them. Our customers respect their advise and most of the time are happy with the results. This is proven by customer loyalty.
    All good sales staff I have worked with are first concerned with the customers susccess and know that their personal profit will be be there. This is true for techs also.
    The technician who merely quickly RESETS a counter during a PM and quickly dashes out leaving the real work undone will lose the respect of other techs and the customers, these tech will not be successful.
    What we are all stating here is techs and salepeople alike that succeed care first for the customer and their success are the ones that make the money and are happy in life.

Dag

Amen.
    Now to all please lets us leave releigon out of this. This subject can cause friends to become enemys.

I haven't ever typed this mush into a reply before, my fingers hurt.

Rob S

This Space For Rent 100+ Posts JimHegs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    You've become one of them!!!
    "Them" can get paid pretty well for being even a mediocre performer