Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stifled...

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Stifled...

Stifled...

Do you feel the same?

Its not the machine, nor the customer, its that guy you have to report to for every frekin event that happened.

He's bound to a office, but his reach is everywhere. NOT Steve Carell(or if you're familiar with the original creator of The Office, NOT ricky gervais)

I'm not fond of this type of management. I was a qualified tech for diff industry, no supervision was required. I hit appointments even when there are 2 of the same time frame, and passes inspection with flying colors.

I'm drained, tired, sick, and [censore] stifled.
    Last edited by jmaister; 02-23-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Stifled...

It sounds like you've got a bad case of big-company-itis. I've been there myself.

The person or persons that evaluate you don't have a f'ing clue what you do or how you do it. You hear things like "4.6 calls per day", and "$xx average parts usage per call", and other such BS, of which you have very little control over. Or if you do start pulling 8 calls a day and no parts usage, then it's "What about these recalls?". You fix machines by whatever method it takes, then you get to leave. You do it every day, all day, and don't need guidance from big brother.

The only temporary cure I've found is to relocate to a smaller organization that is less obsessed with statistics. But don't expect congratulations. Wherever you go, they'll pile work onto you until you squeak.

That wasn't overly negative, I think. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Stifled...

I agree with blackcat's assertion. It also helps having a boss who's been on the field himself in his heyday. Not that I don't have the ocasional headache leading with him, but I guess that happens with every boss in every industry. But I'd rather work for a smaller company than for a big one.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Stifled...

I was part of a 175 men crew. Had no problem other than the work schedule. Glad I worked for them.

Now less than 7 in service depot. Aw man, the things happen here will blow your mind and make you laugh hard.

today's another day

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    I worked for one of the big companies. There are some advantages. For one, for the most part they didn't know I existed. The branch office I worked for was about 120 miles away, and I worked my territory out of my house. The corporate office was about 1500 miles away, and I'm pretty sure none of the people there could have found my town with a map and a head start. The only real advantage was the benifits. Probably the worst part was getting them to understand that 8 or 9 calls a day isn't going to happen when it requires 150 to 200 miles of driving. I work for a small company now and most things are better.

Stifled...

Thx for reading, and the inputs.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    small companies are the way to go. If you get in the right place, they will take care of those who pull their weight
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Stifled...

I believe so as well. But this one, I'm going to be positive and say not yet.

lonesome
    Work hard so you would be your own boss soon. There are just people who cannot deal with others bossing them around. I am one of them.