Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting copiers

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    This is an interesting post. I've been out of field copier service (just service the test machines in-house). When I started in this industry my boss had a kind of cart that looked like a medical gurney (trolley for Brits out there). It was wider and shorter. It would fold down flat and come up and then go flat into the van. There were no motors. I don't remember manufacturer's name. We had 2 of them and I've never seen anything like them since. Don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about or if anyone still uses these type.

Edit: I take that back. I found one.

SalesmakerCarts.com
    SalesmakerCarts.com
    We still use one similar to these, but with handles. It's also a Ferno Salesmaker.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lifting copiers

Honestly mate, get one of these if your the only guy installing. The floor is lowered so you can almost stand up in them. They also make a ok service vehical as your not crawling around in the back getting parts. You just walk in

You can fit a big machine and finisher in there. It would be a bit tight if you needed to add a climber. On many the front passenger seat comes out so you can add extra space there.

The downside is if you ever get into a big accident loaded with a machine, your probably dead as the driver side seat holds the copier in place lol...

Our other office took a Ford Transit and put a lift in similar to this one below which apparently has a fair bit more cargo space vs the chopped mini vans even with the lift in the back.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

WOETC
    We have a Toyota Hiace with a wheelchair lift in the back, very like the Transit in the previous post. We also have an hydraulic engine lifter with adjustable straps we use so that one person can take a copier from the pallet and load it on to a base. When we get on site it is frequently a subtle blend of applied science and extreme violence, if there are stairs involved. Though short ramps help for single steps. I do love new building standards with access for wheelchairs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Lifting copiers

Thanks for all the feeback guys! This gives me a lot to look at as we figure out what our best option is. Keep the posts coming- I can never have too much information.