Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar
    I saw a quote the other day that I would like to share..........

" I feel so sad for the United States of America; She is like a very beautiful woman dying of cancer. "

This seems to be true, given today's problems: 90 % of them caused by the current regime.
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post

Harry Reid thinks we need to continue funding Cowboy poets in Nevada. Hows that for one. National Public Radio? Endownment for the Arts?

What the federal government needs to do is take care of our National Freeways, National parks, and defense.
    Let me ask this, what passes for entertainment in Mr. Bill's world? (smashing Gumby doesn't count)

General Manager 50+ Posts copyruss's Avatar
    Sorry, Hemlock, but gotta ask - When did it become our government's business to entertain us?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DWise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copyruss View Post
    Sorry, Hemlock, but gotta ask - When did it become our government's business to entertain us?
    I'm sure there was a large "Entertainment Fund" in the past 2 stimulus packages... Maybe they're still preparing for the entertainment to start... unless the performances the knuckle-draggers in DC are doing now is their big show...

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copyruss View Post
    It's not about entertainment. Funding artists is no different than funding business or students through tax credits or grants. Gov't uses incentives to spur start-ups, with the goal of building the economy and bettering the economic & social climate.

General Manager 50+ Posts copyruss's Avatar
    So what defines an "artist" and where do we draw the line? Are the American Idol contestants "artists" and should taxpayer dollars fund them?? How about grafitti "artists"? What and WHO defines this? The federal government was never intended to fund the Arts, nor should it. Especially when we are trillions of dollars in debt. Most of that owned by China and do you know that the US gives China foreign aid? Essentially, we are giving them aid from money we borrow from them! Do a little research. We give Pakistan $2 billion and they just told us to get our CIA out of their country.

We need to look at EVERY dollar spent - foreign and domestic - and look at every government agency. We will NEVER tax and spend our way out of this situation. That philosophy has never worked, nor will it ever. Any financial advisor would tell you and your family to look at every dollar you spend, determine if it is a necessary expense and budget for it. They won't tell you to get a new credit card (raising your debt ceiling) and spend your way to prosperity! It just doesn't work that way. We need to cut social programs - we just don't have the luxury.

Sorry to burst the hemlock bubble.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    I'll tell you what entertainment is. I golf and play racketball every week.

AND I PAY FOR IT MYSELF.

Hear is something else we can cut.

Did you know that our beloved EX Speaker Nancy Polosi flys back and forth from California every week. Along with family members. Costing hundreds of thousands of dollors a year. Oh. And her Alcohol has cost over a $100,000.

Don't you think she should pay for her own booze?

Not sure about the expenses of the other congress people but this is not right. If John Bouner does this it needs to stop.

Isn't this resonable ?? I think so.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    But Daddy!!!!!! It's Keynsian!
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Why there is a Tea Party

manufacturing jobs need to be brougth back to the US in some way shape or form in order to put people back to work, but the unions need to stay away or actually be smart enough not want everything for nothing and push the cost of the product so high that it gets outsourced to some cheaper country. There is no reason at all why companies can't produce a quality product here in the US and still pay a wage that is fair to the employee and the company. People get off of unemployment, start paying employment taxes and buying things with the money they earn, the company pays taxes so the government gets its share and instead of importing all these items into our country we can actually export something for a change.

I'm personally tired of buying all the cheap third world country crap!
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    If youhaven't you should read Atlas Shrugged. It's going to be mivie this summer.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker