Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

The latest firmware patch for these fixes a mere 45 glitches. I am gettting the bigger one this week (MX-5111) and from another thread on here, they do not sound fun. We shall see....
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

I've been working with these since they first came out. The initial setup of the screen is just scarey. I've revised it to only have copy, email, hdd file retrieve, and settings. From those, you can access the entire machine through the drop downs in the top left corner of the screen along with the down arrow next to it.

The screen itself was slow as hell, but they've released new firmware for it to speed it up along with alot of fixes. There's alot of things like IP config having an entire QWERTY keyboard that just doesn't make any sense.

Interested to see what kind of firmware and OS changes they will be coming out with for it. It's customizable, to a point. The whole touch, drag, move, twist, blah blah blah is a sales pitch that isn't true.

Overall, I like the machine. The no buttons thing is irritating and it took me about 20 mins to finally figure out how to get into sim and ruined a whole set of DV trying to stir it. (long day, not thinking right)

My 2 cents.

Discussion like this can anticipate what might we can encounter in the field. Now I have some idea and learn something with you guys...