Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

We just started setting up our first mx2610, the one without any buttons, just a touch screen. Based on my 15 or so years as a service tech, it is my professional opinion that this is the stupidest goddamn thing any manufacturer has come up with. I would say more but I would have to use many bad words. Thank you for listening. And to Sharp, .

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

Please enlighten me on some of the horrid features to complain about when someone here decides to try selling it.

First off, no buttons. I like buttons. Not user friendly at all. What it tells you to do in the operators manual sometimes doesn't exist on the screen. Little things like the fact that I haven't found a way to set the sleep mode beyond 1 minute. The book says you can adjust it, but the tab it tells you to touch on the screen doesn't exist. I'm sure there will be more that I don't like. So far I haven't found anything I like about it.

Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

I can understand the whole "no buttons" thing... Sort of... Some kind of weak attempt to break into the full touchscreen market that seems to be all the rage with the smart phones, I'm assuming they think more people will identify with it?

You'd think they would have learned by now to keep the menus consistent for just that purpose...

I don't do smart phones either. GIVE ME BUTTONS AND SWITCHES.

Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

I prefer buttons and switches myself as well, though nothing contends with the good old rock slate and chisel... Man that stuff just lasted and lasted...

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    First off, no buttons. I like buttons. Not user friendly at all. What it tells you to do in the operators manual sometimes doesn't exist on the screen. Little things like the fact that I haven't found a way to set the sleep mode beyond 1 minute. The book says you can adjust it, but the tab it tells you to touch on the screen doesn't exist. I'm sure there will be more that I don't like. So far I haven't found anything I like about it.
    I just finished setting up a 3110N (it took 2 days, i guess I'm a slow learner), and found the energy save a problem also. I did find that the 3 option down (not the Normal mode nor the Eco mode) is Power Management (I think), and that is where you can set power save or power off up to 240 min.
    Customer phone support is going to be a real treat; I am not looking forward to that.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

I also liked the one screen I was in that said at the bottom, something to the effect, to return to home screen touch "close" tab. There was no close tab on the screen only a "cancel". Stupidity abounds.

Sharp MX 2010 thru 3610

Stupidity and bad translations. Wasn't there a thread about proofreaders for the translations? We should start a petition...

After checking this machine out closer this morning I have revised my opinion of it. I'm pretty sure what they did was some engineers got together and decided they would take the worst parts of a 2600 and the worst parts of a 311 to see how big a pile of crap they could build. Can't think of any other reason to make this thing.