Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    The wedding of the ROYAL spoiled rotten

Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    I dunno , looked a fun day

Attachment 9586
    That poor child should be covering her eyes, not the ears.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

WOETC
    I'm and Aussie Republican, who read a book rather than watch the wedding. On the other hand why complain about the cost, if they didn't turn a profit on the TV rights thay seriously missed out. When I look at the crowds watching on the side, I can't help but think they all got quite a lift from the whole thing. For just a while, on just one thing almost all of the country was united.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

A few years ago we had a referendum here in Oz to see if we wanted to become a republic, it got voted down, not because we wanted to hang on to the Queen but because we didn’t like the alternative on offer. The Politicians wanted to elect the president themselves which means you would end up with some old party hack who was rewarded for years of just voting as the party told him or worse, one of the independents is bribed with the position to vote with the government. (Bob Katter as President, oh lord save us!)
    The Great Unwashed wanted to directly elect the president themselves which could mean you would end up with whoever the media decided was the celebrity flavor of the month and we could end up with Kylie Minogue or Shane Warne in the top job.
    Since most of us thought “if it aint broke, don’t fix it” we decide to stick with Betty Windsor but I must admit the thought of Dame Edna Everage as head of state does have some appeal!

As for Pippa in a tight, white dress,................. its time for another cold shower.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

WOETC
    THe main problem with the Republican debate in Australia was John Howard. The referendum was designed to fail. There should have been the question "Republic Yes/No?" and then if that got up a debate on which model. A clever politician, and a sneaky bastard.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WOETC View Post
    I'm and Aussie Republican, who read a book rather than watch the wedding. On the other hand why complain about the cost, if they didn't turn a profit on the TV rights thay seriously missed out. When I look at the crowds watching on the side, I can't help but think they all got quite a lift from the whole thing. For just a while, on just one thing almost all of the country was united.
    Well said.

I'm English and to be honest not really bothered about the Royal Family either way. However I did watch a bit of the wedding and the best part for me was when the planes flew over Buckingham Palace, for a brief moment I was proud to be English, and proud of the Royal Family.
    Last edited by skynet; 05-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    That poor child should be covering her eyes, not the ears.
    the ears may be the best option in this instance