Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The wedding of the ROYAL spoiled rotten

Man oh man is this just a bunch of BS.

$35 to $40 million spent on a wedding. WHY. And what is the differnce between the dictators in North Korea and the middle east from the King and Queen of England. Aside from those dictators killing there subjects every now and then.

They both take money from there puny little subjects , the peasents and spend it on themselves.

Why is this such a big deal in the world. OH , and they have been living together now for a couple of years. His daddy was having an affair with a ugly girl behing Diannas back. What a bunch of BS.

I am so glad we had a revolution and got rid of the king and queen of England.

Now we have a great form of government. A boob in the White House.

Just great. Just freaking great.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

FYI...........The British taxpayer is asked for 1 British Pound per year to support the Royals. They do so willingly. The Queen paid for the entire wedding except the taxpayer did pay for security. If the Brits don't complain, why should you. The wedding was great BTW.......we stayed up the entire night to watch it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Yeah but, who pays the Queen?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    I dunno , looked a fun day

287422415.jpg
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Ha ha thats funny...............Orf with your head!!

Anyone else think the Maid of Honer was HOT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Pippa sure is hot.....a little skinny perhaps.

England's most eligible girl now? Maybe.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hi have to agree with many of your points. The global anticipation of this wedding was stupid and quite frankly, I didn't watch it and don't give a sh*t.

The same is and has always been true that ANY form of government on earth is both the best and the worst type...it all boils down to who is in charge. Many monarchies and dictators have done wonderful things for their countries and citizens just as many democracies have failed miserably.

I'm interested in the psychology behind keeping a monarchy. Over the years I've had friends, acquaintances, and even for a time relatives from England. The age range was from early twenties to their 50's and 60's. Generally, the older Brits that liked the monarchy did so because of its history and they felt a sense of pride. Typically the younger ones like American youth were less in tune with their government and either didn't care or didn't know the ins and outs of their system.

So is the monarchy bad? Yes and no. On the plus side they have better health care and less crime than us. On the bad side, if they have a tyrant then they're stuck with them for life. I do think paying them is a useless drain on their financial resources. Plus many people don't know shadiness of their ruling queen. She looks all cute and grand-mother-like and seems like a nice lady...she even made the royals pay income taxes...but the truth is she did so as a concession so that the government would exempt her from inheritance tax from the queen mum...so who's to say. Also, the royal family (if you study and read up on their history back to the year 1066) is really REALLY f*cked up...tyranny, lies, slaughter of citizens, royals killing royals...very dramatic.

I think some Brits are deluding themselves thinking that the monarchy is just a figurehead. Oh here's a tidbit that will piss some Americans off. The queen actually owns some property or at least did in the US and gets at least a six figure subsidy from the American government. The US government has programs that have varied, such as paying people to protect privately owned swamp land, subsidies of certain agricultural products, paying farmers not to get into the cattle industry, etc.

Just my two cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MR Bill View Post
    Man oh man is this just a bunch of BS.

$35 to $40 million spent on a wedding. WHY. And what is the differnce between the dictators in North Korea and the middle east from the King and Queen of England. Aside from those dictators killing there subjects every now and then.

They both take money from there puny little subjects , the peasents and spend it on themselves.

Why is this such a big deal in the world. OH , and they have been living together now for a couple of years. His daddy was having an affair with a ugly girl behing Diannas back. What a bunch of BS.

I am so glad we had a revolution and got rid of the king and queen of England.

Now we have a great form of government. A boob in the White House.

Just great. Just freaking great.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    I dunno , looked a fun day

287422415.jpg
    Goin' down for the crown

Field Tech 500+ Posts

I am english and live in england. I did not care much for the royal wedding but i have no problem at all with the royal family. I don't quite understand the venom in some peoples hate for them. The country is run by the goverment, not the queen.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I am english and live in england. I did not care much for the royal wedding but i have no problem at all with the royal family. I don't quite understand the venom in some peoples hate for them. The country is run by the goverment, not the queen.
    We don't have a royal family either (although we seem to have an heir to the throne, and several people supporting the return to monarchy), but I'm with M4Y: if the brits don't care, neither do I - and even if they DID care, I wouldn't care anyway. Not my problem.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!