Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Well I grew up in Washington state and we had Senators like Henry Jackson and Warran Magneson. Very conservative Democrats. Now we have the Barney Frank kind of Democrats running around. Really kind of sick folks if you ask me.

My parents voted for Kennedy. He wasn't so bad. He was conservative as far as spending goes . Right? Nothing like the Obama Dem now. But now most of the Democrat from the 60's would be considered Republicans now.

FYI. Dittohead means that you enjoy the Rush Limbaugh show. NOT that you agree with everything he says. FYI.

Lemming ?? I went Caraboe hunting up in Canada and found a Snowy Oil pellet. It had the remainds of a Lemming. I have not taken it apart yet but I bet it would be interesting.

Little scull . No brains. Poor little guy from Washington DC.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Here is another FYI. Just in case you don't know what an owl pellet is.

When a owl kills a little mouse , schrew, Lemming ,whatever little cridder?. It will eat the whole thing. Bones, meat,skin,fur. Well the owl cannot digest the bones and fur so it gets compacted into a little ball of fur and bones and then pucked out. You can find them under big trees sometimes for the great horned owls. It is really fun to take apart the fur ball and put all the little bones back in place and try to figure out what the little furry animal was.

So there is your bioalegy lesson today.

I really wish there were some giant 50 foot long owls in Washington DC. They can eat all the rats. Both Dems and repubs.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I grew up in a military Republican home and saw the far right and the religious right take over that party recently; and I've seen the far left do the same to the Democrats. I can see both sides of the argument, so I'm not myopic, I just don't like debates.
    Uh, ditto?

Military, republican and Catholic upbring here. Was a Clinton hating conservative up until W let the Chinese have their way with that P-3, right after he was elected. That pissed me off about as much as when Reagan let the Iraqis off the hook for putting a missile in the side of the Stark.

General Manager 50+ Posts copyruss's Avatar
    Really meant to just rant about having a prostate infection, having to pay $120 for doctor visit and meds on top of the $500 in monthly premiums. A real pain in the ass - pun intended...

I just get riled up about Obamacare. We've needed healthcare reform for a LONG time, but I know I wasn't the only one that didn't get warm fuzzies when Nancy Pelosi said we would have to pass it to find out what is in it. Don't need Factcheck to verify she said it - here's the video:

And since I know everyone here are such caring souls - I'm doing fine. Better living through chemistry. Just sucks getting old.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Health Insurance

"And since I know everyone here are such caring souls - I'm doing fine. Better living through chemistry. Just sucks getting old."
    I'm glad you're okay, and I can empathize with you about getting old (I just passed my 64th BD).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --